Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: RCS "Copia" mag carriers

So I am assuming that the main benefit or feature is that you can use a mag pouch across multiple platforms? Seems like a good idea.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin P View Post
    So I am assuming that the main benefit or feature is that you can use a mag pouch across multiple platforms? Seems like a good idea.
    Correct. You can have a single mag pouch that will work for all your double-stack 9mm/.40/.357 sig magazines. From what the RCS guys have told me it wasn't designed to deal with single stack magazines, but at least based on what I was playing around with last night they can handle single stack magazines pretty well, too.

To paraphrase Stony, double-stack .45 magazines were not anticipated. In other words, I don't think they expected some doofus to try and cram a double-stack .45 mag into them. Which confirms that I think outside the box.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Williams View Post
    Isn't it supposed to be able to be used bullets oriented front or back?
    Yes. You can use it with the mags oriented in either direction...that way it works for righties and lefties, or for those weird people who insist on carrying their pistol magazines backwards.
    3/15/2016

I'm assuming that these are sized for a typical EDC size belt, like 1.5" loops? If so, are there any plans for something fatter, like a duty belt? Looks awesome, typical RCS.

Those look really big and would take up a lot of real estate on your belt.
    The mag pouches that Rich at CCC is making or the Ready Tactical from SKD have a much slimmer profile for OWB carry.
    If you really need a "one size fits all pouch" the BFG 10 speed is hard to beat.

I'm a big fan of Raven Concealment, but not their pouch designs...

Weird question but what the hell...anyone try these with MP5 magazines?
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Quote Originally Posted by DI1 View Post
    The mag pouches that Rich at CCC is making or the Ready Tactical from SKD have a much slimmer profile for OWB carry.
    If you really need a "one size fits all pouch" the BFG 10 speed is hard to beat.

They don't actually seem to take up that much room. Maybe it is a pure perceptual thing, but for me it does not seem to be any bulkier/wider/bigger than most other pouches I have (which are most of them).
    For info about training or to contact me:
    Immediate Action Combatives

Quote Originally Posted by DI1 View Post

Pancake pouches suck sometimes and can be too large but in the case of slim pouches vs the Copia one does need to consider that they're not gonna stack up two Glock mags right against each other. The spacing might be a little wider than preferred but the ideal use of this pouch isn't likely for someone trying to carry 4 pouches at once but rather just a single.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

We were issued a bunch of Raven gear (holsters and mag pouches) which use a screw to adjust tension.

The screws falling out is pretty commonplace.

As a dedicated platform mag pouch, I strongly prefer the BMC from CCC/Rich Shafer compared to anything I've used.

HSGI tacos and the elastic Blue Force pouches seem to work pretty well if you have a need to switch platforms without being able to switch pouches, which describes an incredibly small segment of people.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    We were issued a bunch of Raven gear (holsters and mag pouches) which use a screw to adjust tension.

The screws falling out is pretty commonplace.

As a dedicated platform mag pouch, I strongly prefer the BMC from CCC/Rich Shafer compared to anything I've used.

HSGI tacos and the elastic Blue Force pouches seem to work pretty well if you have a need to switch platforms without being able to switch pouches, which describes an incredibly small segment of people.
    I have not tried this pouch, and am very unlikely to, but I agree completely with this.^^.

I used to have to be able to switch platforms very readily, and found that for tac gear, nothing beat the Rogers/Safariland pouches. For concealment, nothing beats a dedicated mag pouch, and I have a hard time thinking that there is a better way to go.

I could see something like this being very useful for the guy who tests a lot of guns, or who has to conceal different guns that he might not have a choice in once he gets overseas. Either way, I'm too small to use pancake pouches, so the Rogers is the way to go for me. They will take MP-5 mags.

Are you talking about the accordion style universal plastic carriers that safariland makes?

If so, i find those to be horrible. They're WAY overly retentive and the belt loop is made for a 1.75 inch belt. They're not very stable on a 1.5 inch belt width.

Please clarify.

User Tag List