Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Scout Rifle Optics

Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    I wish I had the money to take advantage of that Midway deal on the Leupold. I think it would go great on a 16 inch AR
    Keep an eye out for factory refurbished/blemished Leupolds. Same ones went for about $200 less, but they went quickly.
    Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.

- William Pitt the Younger

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911nerd View Post
    Keep an eye out for factory refurbished/blemished Leupolds. Same ones went for about $200 less, but they went quickly.
    Where can these be purchased? I would be very interested.

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    Where can these be purchased? I would be very interested.
    The ones for sale at Midwayusa sold very quickly -- it was advertised on the home page and the inventory dropped noticeably while I was considering reticles.
    I should have bought several; I'd love to find another source.
    Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.

- William Pitt the Younger

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911nerd View Post
    The ones for sale at Midwayusa sold very quickly -- it was advertised on the home page and the inventory dropped noticeably while I was considering reticles.
    I should have bought several; I'd love to find another source.
    Following your advice, I did a search for refurbished Leupold on Midway's site, and found a refurbished Leupold Rifleman 3-9x40 for $200. The scope came today, and I intend to use it to replace a 3-9x Tasco. It does not have an illuminated reticle, but looking through the scope in very reduced indoor lighting revealed the light gathering ability to be so good that the image through the scope was noticably brighter than I saw with a naked eye. The eyebox is generous on the 3X setting, although it is tiny on 9X.
    Last edited by BillSWPA; 09-30-2016 at 08:26 PM.

User Tag List