Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Striker fired appendix carry

Striker fired appendix carry

I know this has been discussed before, but I'm curious what the current consensus is on this. Seems to me that many people have no problem carrying striker fired appendix carry. I know Todd had carried that way before, but he preferred a hammer or a safety which I completely understand. Any method is only as safe as the person behind the gun but just getting a feeler for how you guys go about. I've always carried with milt sparks iwb but I'm trying to make the leap to AIWB.

Lots of dry practice, proper stance with hips roll forward. A great holster and a slow deliberate reholster with eyes on all the way in to the holster to confirm no blockage of the trigger.

That's what I do.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
    AKA: SkyLine1

Gadget.

I have no problems with carrying a striker fired pistol AIWB as long as it has a striker control device. My PPS has a firing pin protrusion that I can put my thumb onto to get instant feedback of the state of the striker. The Gadget for my Glock 19 and I'm good to go. Without these modes of striker feedback I would not carry a striker fired gun in the AIWB position.

Also and appropriate foam wedge at the muzzle of the holster increases comfort and angles the muzzle away from the body. An all around good idea.
    Last edited by Irelander; 09-20-2016 at 01:51 PM.

There is no current consensus on this question.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    There is no current consensus on this question.
    It's such a personal decision. My opinion is I'd rather not. Plenty of other people do it and I don't think they're wrong for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 125 mph View Post
    It's such a personal decision. My opinion is I'd rather not. Plenty of other people do it and I don't think they're wrong for it.
    Agreed. Tried it, never got comfortable with it, and moved on. I understand all the advantages, but I can't get around my (potentially irrational) concerns about the carry style with a striker fired pistol...

I went with a thumb safety on my M&P. I know there are people who carry aiwb with a non thumb safety without a problem, but with no gadget or other indicators of striker movement it makes me nervous enough to want an extra layer of safety.

I guess I'm just used to it. Been carrying that way, much of the time, since 1988 or so.

"The Gadget" sounds like a great idea but I'd probably be the one to blow my nuts off and my last thoughts would be "now why couldn't I just leave well enough alone?"

Sans gadget, I carry a Glock /JMCK AWIB, and practice diligently and often. I'm not sure I would the VP9 with it's "excellent trigger".

Mentally I feel much better with a P30, but I use the uneasy feeling as a reminder of how I could earn an instant sex change.

User Tag List