Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Help me choose Inforce WML?

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    I would contact inforce. Buddy and me have put ours on 12 gauge and 556 guns. Never had a problem
    I'll get around to it and report back. I found a different setup I like better for the shotgun anyway. I'd still like to be able to put the WML to some use, though.
    Last edited by Edster; 09-20-2016 at 10:01 PM.

Site Supporter
    Count me among the "I want all the Lumens" crowd. How old are you and how is your night vision? Your peak night vision is about age 14-15, by the time you are in your 40's you need 4x the light to see the same thing you saw in low light when you were 14.

Lumens are not the whole story, there are differences in beam pattern with Throw vs spill but overall, brighter is better. IME, during low light FOF, brighter lights not only let me see better detail, but they let me see faster.

If you are set on the Inforce, wait for a 400 or 800 Lumen model. If not I would look at Arisaka or the new Streamlight ProTac models.

https://www.amazon.com/Streamlight-8.../dp/B01AXR8IKS

Have one of the older ones set up on a carbine. Works well, lockout bar is useful to avoid light nd.

Will likely upgrade to the new gen model also. All the lumens indeed.

Had a convo with a buddy today and we discussed the Inforce vs just getting another TLR-1 to have the versatility to switch it to a pistol when needed.

Thoughts? Specifically, any reason to steer away from TLR-1 on a carbine?

The only reason I can think of is that the switch of the TLR makes accidental activation of the light too likely if the gun is carried slung, or in a soft case. (And I never tried a 12 o'clock mount, only at the side of the gun.) If those scenarios don't apply, I can't think of a reason why you shouldn't go with a TLR.

Sent from my Infernal Contraption using Tapatalk
    IDPA SSP classification: Sharpshooter
    F.A.S.T. classification: Intermediate

Quote Originally Posted by VolGrad View Post

Thoughts? Specifically, any reason to steer away from TLR-1 on a carbine?
    One reason that I can think of...

The TLR-1 rides quite a bit higher on the rail. While my preference for 12 o'clock light is a Fury in a Rosch Works mount or an X300U, if choosing between a Gen2 WML or a TLR1, I'd go with the Inforce.

Surefire P3X Fury in a Rosch Works front sight mount.

Gen1 WMLx (the two Gen1s that I had, proved to be too fragile for any serious use, but the Gen2s seems to be an acceptable fix.)

Yeah, I'm trying to decide between a M600 Scout light, X300U-A or the new WMLx for mounting at 12 o'clock. Has anybody ever put a Scout light directly on the top and used the push button?

In regards to the Inforce, I ran across this today.

I wasn't at the class this past weekend (the one in the video), but have taken several classes with Abner, talked with him about the pros and cons of the Inforce lights, talked to him about what he did there and ultimately why he left. If he's saying that the new ones are good to go, I personally believe that they are.

I have a Gen 1, Haley Strategic Version of the Momentary Only WML. I've never had any of the problems I've seen others report and personally love mine. Over on M4C it was discussed the possibility that the tan version of the Inforce lights were a lot more problematic than the black versions going off of who reported problems with them. On a HD rifle I like them and would probably put the Gen 2 800 lumen model on it. For a work gun I'd be more apt to put something like the P3X Fury on the rifle instead. Since day 1 I've liked the switchology and wished Surefire or Streamlight would but the idea from them and perfect the lights design. Maybe the Gen 2 will do that anyways.

User Tag List