Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Help me choose Inforce WML?

Help me choose Inforce WML?

I looked at these a while back - like years ago - but never made the purchase. I like the angled button and easy mounting as well as the size and weight. I am not completely married to the idea of the Inforce but they seemed to be favorable reviewed by folks here and elsewhere in the past. I see they have upgraded the lumens now to 400 and 800.

My needs - don't really need but I don't currently have a light mounted on my SBR but would like to leave one on. I have a TLR-1 on my pistol and could move it to the SBR but wanted to keep it available for my pistols which I already have holsters that work with the light.

The use would be for home defense so basically inside my house. Is it really necessary to go with the upgraded lumens of would I be just fine with the regular 200 lumen one I might find discounted somewhere or in the secondary market?

Suggestions? Thoughts?

For home defense inside, the 200 lumen model would work. The new Gen2 400 lumen model would work better. I would hold off and get one of the newer gen2 models. They also improved the switch, and made the body a bit stronger. By the time the next online holiday shopping discounts come around, the new models will be out and about.

For my work gun as an LEO, I still like the Surefire scout lights. But for a home defense gun, these enforce lights are really nice. The gen2 models tweeted a few complaints that were out there.

Kind of what I figured on the lumen. Thanks for your input.

Is there any way to tell the difference between the older and newer Gen2 models if I were to shop online?

I have the original low lumen on my carbine. It's been mounted at 12 o clock and had thousands of rounds fired with it on. I like it a lot and it's been nothing but reliable and does what I need. Gonna get the 400 lumen or 800 lumen for my second carbine this year

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    I have the original low lumen on my carbine. It's been mounted at 12 o clock and had thousands of rounds fired with it on. I like it a lot and it's been nothing but reliable and does what I need. Gonna get the 400 lumen or 800 lumen for my second carbine this year
    Would you mind sharing why you mount it there and if you have a front sight and how that affects it?
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

Quote Originally Posted by 1776United View Post
    Would you mind sharing why you mount it there and if you have a front sight and how that affects it?
    Sure, 12 o clock because whatever I am looking at can be white lighted. if I'm looking through or over my optic, my white light can hit it. I mount it in front of my front sight. Front sight is taller then the wml so no issues.

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    Sure, 12 o clock because whatever I am looking at can be white lighted. if I'm looking through or over my optic, my white light can hit it. I mount it in front of my front sight. Front sight is taller then the wml so no issues.
    I had a TLR-1 mounted this way briefly. This is probably how I'll mount the Inforce.

I had one on a shotgun. The bezel came off after just a few rounds. It didn't unscrew, it simply came off.

I re-attached the bezel and it seemed to work ok. I put it on an M&P 15-22, figuring it would be fine on a .22. When I got the rifle to the range, it wasn't working anymore. I put a fresh battery in it and it still didn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Maier View Post
    I had one on a shotgun. The bezel came off after just a few rounds. It didn't unscrew, it simply came off.

I re-attached the bezel and it seemed to work ok. I put it on an M&P 15-22, figuring it would be fine on a .22. When I got the rifle to the range, it wasn't working anymore. I put a fresh battery in it and it still didn't work.

I would contact inforce. Buddy and me have put ours on 12 gauge and 556 guns. Never had a problem

My Gen 1 WML was dead on arrival; wouldn't turn on. They were great about replacing it. My Gen 1 APL died after a few hundred rounds. Again, they were great to work with. I'm using only Surefire now.

User Tag List