Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Multiple J Frames-where do they all go?

Multiple J Frames-where do they all go?

I picked up a little Beretta Jetfire .25 ACP the other day just because I've liked them since I first saw them and figured it would be fun gun to pop the random snake or armadillo in my yard. It was so light I thought that it would carry well opposite my 642 but it's still a .25 ACP at the end of the day and I have t worked through my mental issues about that small of a caliber. That started me thinking about something else to back up the 642. I figured that two 642s weigh less than a GP100 and have 4 extra rounds on one too. (PS, the Beretta is rapidly becoming one of the most fun shooting guns I own)
    Then while reading one of the Glock 43 threads in the semi auto forum I saw LSP972 talking about his possible interest in multiple J Frames. (Really hoping he sees this and goes deeper into it). I also remember reading about someone who's name escapes me showing up at one of Revolver Roundup meetings who had J Frames concealed all over him.
    A dual pocket rig sounded nice till I realized I carry other stuff in my off pocket. I currently have a Mika pocket holster, a Sideguard minimal clip IWB, and a Simply Rugged Pancake on the way. So if you were/are carrying two J frames how do you carry them?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Ankle and pocket or SmartCarry, but belt carry can work for one, too. Just realized that if I had four of them, I could carry them all at the same time.

But alas, I have only one that I carry in various ways depending on environment and clothing, and whether it's the only one, primary or backup.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastex View Post
    I also remember reading about someone who's name escapes me showing up at one of Revolver Roundup meetings who had J Frames concealed all over him.
    I assume you're talking about Mike Pipes, AKA 5 Gun Mike, https://pistol-forum.com/member.php?10174-Mike-Pipes.

I usually shoot right-handed. Given that:

J-frame 642 in left front pocket in an RKBA holster, and a 340 J-frame on the left ankle in an Alessi.

Primary pistol is still a boring old Gen2 G19 that just chugs along year after year.

Quote Originally Posted by Default.mp3 View Post
    I assume you're talking about Mike Pipes, AKA 5 Gun Mike, https://pistol-forum.com/member.php?10174-Mike-Pipes.
    Yup, that's Mike. He believes in carrying reloads, he just wraps them in a J-frame as a protective coating.

When it comes to carrying shootable five shot speedloaders all over him, Retro Mike is the man. The idea of access to a firearm in a couple places on the body you can get to when in a fight or physically attacked makes a lot of sense and gives plenty of options. If I was running dual snubs, AIWB and a gun on the ankle or off side cargo pocket would be my idea of how I would go.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

My problem: I put things like tourniquets where guns could go. My main is still an RDS G17, followed by a Spyderco reverse. Finished with (a 1997 vintage) Microtech HALO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SeriousStudent and DB said it just as well as I could.

The thing to keep uppermost in your mind, however, is this... Are we carrying ONLY J snubbies, or are we using same for BUG/New York reloads?

If the former, than one's ankle is the LAST place to put one. I do not want to get into the various reasons of that- roaches read these threads too- but if two or three Js is what you are carrying, pockets/belts/a Ken Null City Slicker is the way to go... IMO. The City Slicker is a simple shoulder rig that will amaze you.

OTOH, if you're rolling like SS, using your snubby Js for "spares", then carrying one in a GOOD ankle rig makes much sense. Lord knows I did that for YEARS, back when all we had was a "magnum" revolver, two speed loaders, and a pair of hand cuffs on the Sam Browne duty gun belt. In fact, I still have my original/best Null ankle rig that he made for me in 1983. And I have the newer one he made for me in 2004.

Ankle holsters- which ones are good, which ones are not so hot- are a deep subject all to their own, well beyond the scope of this thread. But I'll say this... It's a happy day when you are learning the nuances of proper concealed carry from a guy who has lived it (and saved his ass with it), and YOUR ankle holster is better than his... So he buys one like yours. Not saying any names, of course...

Sorry for the rambling remarks, hope I answered your question. If not, fire again!

When I carry 2 J's one is AIWB in DSG clip on 2 is in off side front pocket in Aholster kydex.

One of them will be reachable from just about any position. For me on the ankle is hard and slow to reach.

Has there ever been a thread or an article devoted to the multiple J frame carry lifestyle?
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

User Tag List