Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Venue for a life sized PFestivus.

I have received clearance to use the range that I previously mentioned. I've sent the details via PM to Sean, and spoken with TC on Facebook about it. I have an LLC that carries liability insurance, and can cover the event if my LLC is sponsoring it. The caveat is that it can not be during spring turkey season (4/8-5/13). If the powers that be want to take me up on it, I just need to be told which weekend during March or the first weekend of April, so that I can reserve the range.
    Last edited by jondoe297; 09-20-2016 at 02:17 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    The Alliance PD training range might be worth looking into as well as Palmyra, PA.

"PALMYRA PA.???" Are you kidding me? That's my hometown! Gradgeeated from PHS in 19**!

Well considering I host a lot in SC (Shootlogic) we have ability to do it and I will be more than willing to work with Sean to make it happen.

2 things that are hiccups:
    1. Our 2017 is set but I'll be more than happy to work with Sean with the dates that are left.

2. We have no Chili's near by. Nearest one is in Summervillegal about an hour and fifteen minutes tues away.

Site Supporter
    Until I hear differently, I'm assuming a decision has not been made and am going forward contacting ranges that I know of. Here's the email I just sent to RRPC's president as there isn't any phone contact info for their club. If it would be helpful to you, feel free to copy/paste some of the germane parts for your own use contacting the clubs you're aware of.

Although I live too far away to have a membership at your club, I SO and shoot IDPA there when I can. Thank you for providing this venue for us; you have one of the best club-level matches in the area, run by competent and safe personnel.

The reason I'm contacting you is that a group of trainers and shooters from pistol-forum.com is looking for a club where they can host a 3-day Fri-Sun weekend event for their group, probably late next Spring, in the NOVA area. Your club was the first one I thought of, and wanted to ask what the steps would be for applying for this sort of thing and the likelihood of approval.

These are high-level shooters, not the typical yahoos who inhabit gun forums, and there would be several national-level trainers present. All of Rivanna's policies with respect to cold range, muzzle safety zones, etc would be followed.

They would probably use one to two ranges (AP&T and Bullseye, for example) as well as spending some time in the indoor range's classroom area. Obviously there would be payment for the use of the facilities.

At this point I'm just trying to determine if this is something your club would consider. If not, I understand, but please reply either way so that I can move forward with contacting some less-desirable ranges if necessary. Thanks for your time, and in any event thank you for providing a well-run range for IDPA use.

Site Supporter
    I received the following reply from one of the RRPC board of directors. I don't know all of the answers to these questions. If someone in the know can either reply in this thread or PM me with them, I'll get back with the BOD. Thank you.

Joe,

Several members of the BOD are sharing opinions on this request, and I have a few questions.

1) Who is this event open to? The general public? Just people on that forum? RRPC members?

2) How many people do you see being at this event?

3) Is there a fee for this event? and if so, who is benefiting from this?

4) Who will be the "instructors"? What are their certifications & qualifications? Do they have insurance for this activity?

If you can provide this information, we would appreciate the info so we can have a better discussion on this request.

Quote Originally Posted by TBone550 View Post
    I received the following reply from one of the RRPC board of directors. I don't know all of the answers to these questions. If someone in the know can either reply in this thread or PM me with them, I'll get back with the BOD. Thank you.
    My club requires insurance as well, and wants to be added as an additional insured entity. Without that, they don't even consider a request so we need an instructor to offer their insurance for this.

I carry ten million in insurance, and will cover the event, assuming we can pull it off. I'll have more time to dedicate to this in several weeks. Once I do, I'll blast out a syllabus, flyer, hooskerdo, whistling bunghole w/scooter stick, and see where we end up.

I'm certified as a Range Officer in Charge/Range a Safety Officer by Naval Special Warfare in small arms, demolitions, stand-off weapons rockets and mortars, dynamic fire and maneuver, close quarters combat, urban combat, explosive breaching, and Simunition/FoF events. Happy to provide documentation and insurance info once we get to that point.

Event will be open to PF.com members in good standing for at least six months as of the date of the event, to give folks a chance to become useful members of the board. I see the limit at 30 with an additional 10 admin/SME/mods + family. I envision short segments (1-2 drills) run by forum members. I'll ROIC/RSO full time, but warning to knuckleheads: my rules tend to be very inflexible, standardized, and enforced regardless of who may be in violation. Some classroom instruction is likely to be involved, but this is not a training event so much as it is a gathering of like-minded folks who are interested in sharing ideas, with some very experienced shooters, and organized social events such as a meet and great Friday, and dinner Saturday.
    Last edited by Odin Bravo One; 09-24-2016 at 04:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean M View Post
    ....... I'll ROIC/RSO full time, but warning to knuckleheads: my rules tend to be very inflexible, standardized, and enforced regardless of who may be in violation. .....
    Thank you very much. That sounds like a safe and excellent way to learn.

A thought re: AZ and where-even-tumbleweeds-won't-roll... for classrooms, anyone considered hiring one of those office-in-a-box trailers? would they be big enough? cost too much?

Would any place rent them for only a couple days? I have no idea at all, just throwing the idea into the soup and stirring it up.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Did this die or is it being worked behind the scenes? I'm still interested. Thanks.

User Tag List