Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Venue for a life sized PFestivus.

Oils and Lotions SME
    Sean, I'll help Orion with landing something up here.
    Hokey religions and ancient lubricants are no match for a good Group IV PAO

Owner 360 Performance Shooting

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Why is John Murphy not a member here? I know some of you cats are tight with him. Has someone called him? He's got a berm and a classroom-type-of-thing.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

What Tam said.

John Murphy is a member here. I know a number of people here could reach out to him – I've taken some classes with him, don't think he'd recognize me by name, but I could contact him as well.

As far as NoVa ranges go, I just wrapped nearly two years of employment at the areas newest and largest indoor range. I know that the owner had a relationship with TLG and if this venue was one that people were interested in checking out, I can connect folks with the right people there. Please feel free to pm if interested.

Site Supporter
    Trying the ShootLogic folks between Columbia and Charleston SC. They definitely have the facility for this.

Plus, they're close to me and I'm selfish.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean M View Post
    Red dirt or in the sticks? I've shot at a couple of private ranges outside of Emporia.

We did a free one day gig few years back at PJs place down there and it snowed the morning of and all day of the event. And of course all of the wood cut down in the process of clearing the range was soaked. But still had a great day, and we only had a handful of no-shows.
    In the sticks. It's about 10 minutes from Deerfield Correctional Institute, off state road 308.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    Why is John Murphy not a member here? I know some of you cats are tight with him. Has someone called him? He's got a berm and a classroom-type-of-thing.
    Murph is indeed a member here. His range is great for his purposes...but I'm not so sure it works for a life sized PFestivus.

Let me follow up a bit with Sean's expressed frustrations:

Various members of staff and SME's have been trying for MONTHS to get some sort of ToddG memorial event going. We have continually run into dead ends. I have personally tried to get hold of somebody at Peacemaker to schedule something but to no avail. I tried to get something set up with Echo Valley, getting as far as obtaining some pricing...but they stopped communicating at a certain point, too. Elite hasn't worked out yet either.

There are ranges out there, but every time we get down to trying to put something together the range connection goes dead silent and we get nowhere.

So when Sean is asking about ranges, he means a range where you can deliver dates, times, pricing, and other logistical concerns. (Drawing from the holster, etc) If you can do that, awesomesauce...because you'll be getting further than some of the rest of us have gotten even with what everybody thought was good connections to a lot of these facilities.
    Last edited by TCinVA; 09-20-2016 at 09:02 AM.
    3/15/2016

I emailed Murph and he said the range he uses is not for rent and recommended Echo Valley.

I have an email out to the range in South Hills.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by jc000 View Post
    John Murphy is a member here.
    D'oh! I can't believe I spaced that. I blame the jalapeño moonshine last night...
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

OK, so a few people have reached out to me about the range issues here.

As to the Culpeper range. It is on the property of the Culpeper County Sherriff, it is a great range for a small class, not sure it is suitable for this type of event. There is no real classroom there anymore. So that is out as well. Parking is also pretty limited.

On top of all of this, the Sherriff only rents his range to people that he personally knows and I am not sure he would be willing to open his personal range up for this type of event.

If you guys want to look at coming to Arizona. We have tons of options out here and the weather will be great here from now till about the end of May or mid-June.

If Arizona is a real option, I would be happy to start looking into ranges. Hell, I know great places we can go out into the desert and do whatever we want.

Questions about this event;
    Do we know how many are going to attend?
    Will there be a cap on attendees?
    Who is running the event?
    Will there be a liability waiver for this event?
    Is anyone planning to carry insurance for this event? (many ranges require insurance for renting their facility)
    Do we have dates yet? I did not see anything firm.
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

User Tag List