Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Venue for a life sized PFestivus.

Venue for a life sized PFestivus.

Back to the beginning on this. Anyone have a venue that could host a larger type gathering for a physical/no shit PFestivus? I keep hearing "NOVA" as a suggestion. What I don't hear is someone who has access to a facility there. I hear a lot of names tossed about, but between the "can't book for something like that" & calls/emails that went unreturned, I'm pretty well fed up with trying to coordinate a venue anywhere near NOVA.

Bottom line is that I don't have the time or energy to coordinate an event of this magnitude when range owners/managing parties aren't interested, and I'm done trying to chase down "leads".

Any members that have a viable option in mind, feel free to speak up. By viable I mean it can be used for an entire weekend (Fri night- Sunday evening) mid-late Spring 2017, has a classroom, pistol range, hotels and food within a reasonable distance, and a Chili's. Also means you can personally coordinate the venue for a reasonable rate.

I'd like to make his happen, but SLG and I have both found the NOVA ranges to be unavailable, unsuitable, or unreliable.

Site Supporter
    What range? 50 yards ok?
    How many shooters?
    One big range or multiple bays?

How big a classroom ?

Do you want to be able to do nighttime / low light firing ?

PFestivus is a big giant argument with homoerotic butt spanking thrown in for good measure, that would be... interesting.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Are we lookin for a no rules type of range?
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Has anyone looked at talking to peacemaker?

Classroom space is a bit limited but may be able to go with a tent.

Alternatively, The private range in Culpeper that Todd used to teach at meets a lot of criteria listed. Not sure if suitable for large crowd tho, single bay last time i was there.

Site Supporter
    How large are we talking?

Two semi large pistol bays range, up to 50 yards. Two rifle ranges, 200 yards on paper, 500+ on steel. One classroom building, plus outdoor lecture areas. One outhouse latrine (two rooms, but only one toilet per). Camping, no water, grilling etc allowed. Chilis in local town-Southern AZ, so real Mexican is available as well. Plenty of local watering holes. Various ranges can be reserved for group activities, and can accommodate a LOT of people, but not Whittington Center large.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Peally View Post
    PFestivus is a big giant argument with homoerotic butt spanking thrown in for good measure, that would be... interesting.
    Sounds like Austin ...

The Alliance PD training range might be worth looking into as well as Palmyra, PA.
    Last edited by orionz06; 09-19-2016 at 07:12 PM.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

If a Texas location is selected, I will do my best to assist with the meeting.

I really don't care the range distance. Reality has taught me that most people shoot substantially better when typing on the internet than they do in real life, and the odds of needing anything beyond 15 yards are slim. But the idea being a PFestivus, range rules are necessary. But if it is some dumb shit like following the NRAs safety rules, or no drawing from the holster, then we certainly don't need a range like that.

CONOP is a combination event:

M&G Friday night.

SAT AM range session, not a formal block of training but something like TLG used to run when we did invite only range sessions; each person gives a drill/event, explains it, facilitates and RSOs until over, then jumps back in as a shooter. Break early afternoon for a BBQ/Cookout. End early (5:00-6:00) hit the local watering hole, and PFestivus can begin.

Sunday AM Late Sunday start (9:30-10:00) 1-2 hour Range session followed by KSTG match. Afternoon, hit Chili's, and head home.

If that interests folks, I'll run it to ground once we have a venue, provide the insurance, be ROIC, match director, etc. limit it to 20-30 shooters and do a lottery draw, or first come/first serve. It will cost money, maybe $150 per shooter, but is not a "for profit" event. Any funds remaining after covering overhead and expenses gets donated to a cancer research organization, or local/regional children's cancer.

I'm not promising Julie G, but I'll have a word with her husband about getting her to attend. There will be a decent showing of PF.com mods, staff, and SMEs who won't count against the max participants. Might even talk Tom into showing up. I'll beat the brush with the various vendors and what not for match prizes, as well as other schwag and free shit. I'll even offer a free one hour seminar on proper fucks management; When to give them, when not to, etc. Hell, I might even talk to Glock USA to donate a coupon for a free G19/17 or equivalent amount towards something else in the G family.

Depends on level of interest. That will determine level of effort. You can plan on it being before Memorial Day, and the shittiest weather I can find.

User Tag List