Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Zeroing Service Pistols

Dove - how much for one of those contraptions? I'd pay a fairly large number of PF dollars for one!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by givo08 View Post
    This.

The direction you need to torque the hex screw on Glock front sights to tighten it is the same direction that will make the sight blade "twist" and require a slight off center (to the right) rear sight. I find that this is the case the majority of the time when people need to drift the rear sight off center on a Glock to zero it.
    What kind of sights are you seeing with this issue? All of the sights I have installed on my Glocks fit the rectangular front sight hole with a sufficient interference fit so that I don't see how rotation would be possible.

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    What kind of sights are you seeing with this issue? All of the sights I have installed on my Glocks fit the rectangular front sight hole with a sufficient interference fit so that I don't see how rotation would be possible.
    I can get a little bit if rotation on my Ameriglo, Warren, and 10-8 fronts.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Ameriglo and Meprolight for sure, Glock factory as well...

So after reading this thread I checked the Trijicon hd front I just put on and low and behold look what I found. sure enough it was off. I just assumed it would be straight. Any common tips on how to keep it straight?
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

I have seen this a lot. Just torque them and then straighten them with a small adjustable end wrench.
    Never had one move after.

Quote Originally Posted by dove View Post
    This is so annoying.

Attachment 11287
    Attachment 11288
    Attachment 11289

An easy 3D print job or a couple minutes on a mill for way less frustration and a ton of peace of mind. Great way to verify things are alright after a bad bump too.
    Ok, I want one of those sets for sure! Just tell me what you want.

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    Dove - how much for one of those contraptions? I'd pay a fairly large number of PF dollars for one!
    Haha. If you're really interested, PM me and I'll try to help out.

I've seen it with Trijicon HD, Ameriglo, and Dawsons. I have yet to find sights that don't have this issue, but I admittedly don't have a ton of experience. Dave Dawson actually discusses it in his sight install video. https://youtu.be/4maCQhEIjoA?t=21m42s If they made it an exact fit then they'd run the risk of an odd sight not fitting in an odd Glock after tolerance stacking. So, they leave a little tolerance there just in case. Dave suggests using a bench vise to straighten it by eye after tightening. How easy this is to do or how much torque you'd need to put on the front sight this way will depend on how tight you like to run the front sight screw.

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    Ok, I want one of those sets for sure! Just tell me what you want.
    Oh boy. I'm just gonna sit on this one

Site Supporter
    Interesting. I have never seen the issue with Trijicon Bright & Tough, IWI vertically adjustable tritium, or Dawson carry sights. I will have to watch for this.

User Tag List