Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Zeroing Service Pistols

It usually takes myself a couple outings with a pistol to be satisfied with zero. Initial slow fire zero at 25 yards and then 25 yard to 50 yard Bill Drill stuff with a draw out of holster at speed. When I just shoot slow fire without a draw at speed the grip is perfect which maybe only happens 25% of the time with the draw. I am more concerned with rounds staying centered around POA shooting at a rate where the sights are just settling in.

Quote Originally Posted by dove View Post
    This is so annoying.

Attachment 11287
    Attachment 11288
    Attachment 11289

An easy 3D print job or a couple minutes on a mill for way less frustration and a ton of peace of mind. Great way to verify things are alright after a bad bump too.
    Very cool! I want one too! Hahaha

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Cool Breeze; 10-26-2016 at 04:26 AM.

For the people that want centered sights, grab a set of calipers and measure from a reference point on each side if the slide to the rear if the sight.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    What kind of sights are you seeing with this issue? All of the sights I have installed on my Glocks fit the rectangular front sight hole with a sufficient interference fit so that I don't see how rotation would be possible.
    I've seen it with Trijicon HD's, standard Trijicon night sights, Dawsons, Warrens, TTI's, and Heinie's.

Quote Originally Posted by P.E. Kelley View Post
    I have seen this a lot. Just torque them and then straighten them with a small adjustable end wrench.
    Never had one move after.
    That's what I've done when helping folks install them.

If they know they're going to keep that sight on the gun and not play musical sights I'll "bed" the front sight with some some green sleeve locker loc-tite being very careful to keep it off the threads and use blue loc-tite on the threads. Use a small crescent wrench to keep the sight blade straight or tweak it as it is tightened.

Rock solid and perfectly straight.

Quote Originally Posted by P.E. Kelley View Post
    I have seen this a lot. Just torque them and then straighten them with a small adjustable end wrench.
    Never had one move after.
    Very much this. Unless the front sight is tight enough it needs to be tapped in, it will have movement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List