Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Cop Who Took Down the Terrorist In Minnesota is a 3 Gunner, CCW Instructor

The Cop Who Took Down the Terrorist In Minnesota is a 3 Gunner, CCW Instructor

But I thought competition would get you killed on the streets! (or in the mall, as the case may be).

Describing the video, which did not have audio, Kleis said the suspect clearly had a knife in hand, and lunged at Falconer, who fired at him. The suspect fell, then got back up three times before the fatal shot.
    Yippee-kay-yay, Mr. Falconer. Good shooting!
    I can't understand people who think banning guns makes them safer. They must also believe that banning books makes them smarter.

Site Supporter
    I would like to know the details of the 'getting up', etc. Not for criticism but for technical knowledge.

My congrats, praise and thanks to Mr. Falconer.

Sorry Gabe, I think we have a new lord of the food court.

"Unload show clear---wait there's another one SCAN AND ASSESS, SCAN AND ASSESS"
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

He is a B-class USPSA shooter, BTW.
    Last edited by cheby; 09-19-2016 at 04:02 PM.

Hopefully dude doesn't get burnt into the ground over his skills developed through training & practice. Additionally, I hope the media doesn't hang him out to dry for having the temerity to teach those skills to others.

When Are Liberal Laws Good? When They Relate to Guns | Power Line
    Falconer has been hailed as a hero, and congratulated by President Obama, among others. He is generally described as an off-duty police officer, which is true, but not the whole story. Falconer is a firearms expert and an NRA-certified firearms instructor:
    Here is the irony: Falconer might have acted illegally. He had a Minnesota permit to carry handguns, and in general, a permit holder can carry a firearm almost anywhere (other than, for example, courthouses). But an owner of private property that is open to the public, like a store or shopping mall, can ban guns on its premises. Minn. Stat. 624.714, Subd. 17(b)(1) imposes specific requirements for those who want to ban firearms

Falconer has been hailed as a hero, and congratulated by President Obama, among others. He is generally described as an off-duty police officer, which is true, but not the whole story. Falconer is a firearms expert and an NRA-certified firearms instructor:

Jason Falconer is one of those licensed to teach Minnesotans who want to apply for a permit to carry handguns. It is almost a miracle that a man so highly qualified was on hand to stop Adan’s bloody rampage before anyone was killed.

Here is the irony: Falconer might have acted illegally. He had a Minnesota permit to carry handguns, and in general, a permit holder can carry a firearm almost anywhere (other than, for example, courthouses). But an owner of private property that is open to the public, like a store or shopping mall, can ban guns on its premises. Minn. Stat. 624.714, Subd. 17(b)(1) imposes specific requirements for those who want to ban firearms...

The Crossroads shopping center apparently makes an effort to ban firearms...
    The blog features a photograph of a sign posted at one entrance banning guns, but maybe not completely within the description mandated by the law cited. MN seems to be one fo the states where all that happens to a citizen who is discovered to be carrying against the wishes of a commercial establishment is that he or she is asked to leave, and can be cited for misdemeanor trespass if found carrying on the premises again.
    Last edited by Drang; 09-19-2016 at 10:24 PM.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

No timer, how did he know to shoot?
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Makes a solid case to ignore signs...

It seems to be widely understood in MN that seeing that sign just means you make sure not to print.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

User Tag List