Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My LCP with cracked rail was replaced by Ruger

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Dot Torture at 5 is impressive, especially for something that will go in about any pocket.
    I've had one for a couple of years that I bought for a song. Darryl won't associate with me when I pocket carry it (tucked in Aimpoint polo shirt at SHOT) due to "appearance" demands, and requires at least a J frame. It shoots very reliably, but it's sad in the power and sights departments. To give them a little credibility, I've learned that the LCP is CAG's (Delta) NPE pistol.

It's my black tie attire pistol (wife is Executive Director of a non-profit so I attend several events a year), but I think I shall acquire a Ken Null shoulder rig for a real gun for this duty.
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

Quote Originally Posted by 41magfan View Post
    Since Ruger lowered the msrp by $100 last year, the going sale price is now routinely @ $200 ..... I'll be surprised if they don't go just a bit lower. I only paid $220 for a Custom model back in November.

As a gun to satisfy Rule #1, I personally don't think you can do any better than $200 for brand new gun that comes with very good customer support.
    Maybe I don't need a six-pack, but one or two more wouldn't be a bad idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Dobbs View Post
    I've had one for a couple of years that I bought for a song. Darryl won't associate with me when I pocket carry it (tucked in Aimpoint polo shirt at SHOT) due to "appearance" demands, and requires at least a J frame. It shoots very reliably, but it's sad in the power and sights departments. To give them a little credibility, I've learned that the LCP is CAG's (Delta) NPE pistol.

It's my black tie attire pistol (wife is Executive Director of a non-profit so I attend several events a year), but I think I shall acquire a Ken Null shoulder rig for a real gun for this duty.
    Darryl is a natty dresser, and probably helps you tie your bow tie. Ever seen his fishing outfit?

Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    Darryl is a natty dresser, and probably helps you tie your bow tie. Ever seen his fishing outfit?

Not only is his sartorial splendor totally absent, he is fishing with what my lovely, classy, fly fishing wife calls a "zing-plop" fishing rig. Totally lacking in style and class. A nice five weight fly rod is so much better....

Speaking of that splendor, Gabe had a suggestion last night. Knowing Darryl has DB monogrammed or engraved on his bathrobe, slippers, cuff links and shirts, not to mention revolvers, he should switch from Nyeti to Dugga Boy, so the initials work for his real life and Internet life. Maybe I should contact Tom and see if we can switch his screen name, but keeping his FTW tag line.

PS, it is tough to toss a frog with a five weight.

Site Supporter
    What a totally vulgar suggestion, sir.

I forgot to order those Null rigs. Being the best thing I have done for the world in the last few years has been to get you to replace that stupid LCP with the M&P340. I will order our holsters today. I can't believe we are even revisiting this subject. I mean a cool .380 like a SiG P-230, or HK-4, or Beretta or CZ, but an LCP.......forget our arguments about In N Out vs. Whataburger, the LCP is the 7-11 Hot Dog that has been on the roller all night that sounds good as 7:00am, but you know it is all wrong.

Not only is his sartorial splendor totally absent, he is fishing with what my lovely, classy, fly fishing wife calls a "zing-plop" fishing rig. Totally lacking in style and class. A nice five weight fly rod is so much better....
    Fly Fishing at the Country Club golf course may actually be sort of respectable. The idea is to keep the uptight socialites a little worried.

Speaking of that splendor, Gabe had a suggestion last night. Knowing Darryl has DB monogrammed or engraved on his bathrobe, slippers, cuff links and shirts, not to mention revolvers, he should switch from Nyeti to Dugga Boy, so the initials work for his real life and Internet life. Maybe I should contact Tom and see if we can switch his screen name, but keeping his FTW tag line.
    I would actually be great with that. Now that I am old, retired, grumpy as ever and hate the world, Dugga Boy is a much better fit as I have been removed from the front of the herd.

Exactly. Watching large mouth bass explode on a top water frog is a thrill not matched by a trout grabbing a fly.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Perhaps middle aged and grumpy, but the best part is no longer butt hurt. If you were, think of all the fun we could have had with "DB," and butt hurt.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    Exactly. Watching large mouth bass explode on a top water frog is a thrill not matched by a trout grabbing a fly.
    Then have me come there with a top water popping bug and watch how that looks. It's beyond awesome.

And, Ken Null sounded pretty good when I called him. He suggested (strongly) his SMZ for Centennial carry in very polite and well dressed company.

User Tag List