Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 300 as non-suppressed pistol ?

300 as non-suppressed pistol ?

I am considering putting together another ar pistol for pdw work, backpack and stuff.

I was considering a 10.xx to 11.xx 5.56 gun but I have them and they are cool and all, but i'll be getting a can or three sooner than later and will be able to run the 300 suppressed.

Anyone here run a 300 dedicated unsuppressed?

I am thinking about getting one of the BCM 9" uppers or putting one together and running a fairly higher speed ammo.

Opinions? Considerations? Experiences? Buy a 5.56 you mofo.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

300 as non-suppressed pistol ?

Tag for interest.

I've got a 300 sbr. My experience with it so far is limited. But, it functions (again - so far) both suppressed and unsuppressed with both subs and supers.

I've read, possibly in a post on another forum by rsilvers, that the 300 was designed to be used, and a correctly made one will function, in all four configurations. My experience bears that out. I'm sorry I can't recall the link or contribute more than dimly remembered hearsay.

Interested to hear of others' experiences.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by TR675; 09-18-2016 at 07:33 PM.

My wife and I have two AAC and two BCM 8-9ish inch barrel uppers, on SBR and AR pistol lowers. Unsurpressed with Barnes VORTX 110 grain supersonic ammo, they are of similar or less noise than a 16 inch 5.56. Like that they might penetrate a bear's skull at close range.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I have shit in the safe that ignores practical application. But I don't run my BLKs unsuppressed.

This will not be for plinking or anything of that nature. It will be for people/big animal shooting.

I like 300 because I will eventually have a can for it and then can run it suppressed in another config. .30 is a good caliber for people and I'd rather go with that in an AR config over a 762x39 config in an AK pistol.
    VDMSR.com
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Obviously our use is a different application compared to SeanM. My wife carries the .300 in bush aircraft, because it fits in a tiny little case, even with a bunch of ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Obviously our use is a different application compared to SeanM. My wife carries the .300 in bush aircraft, because it fits in a tiny little case, even with a bunch of ammo.
    That's essentially what I want, maybe with a flash hider. For 100y and in engagements of people.
    VDMSR.com

Site Supporter
    My 16" BLK runs fine unsuppressed and so far it runs fine suppressed although I just installed the suppressor a couple weeks ago so it's way early.

No experience with SBRs.

GJM, what ammo do you normally run ?
    VDMSR.com

User Tag List