Thread: Randy Cain Tactical Handgun 101

Randy Cain Tactical Handgun 101

Recently, I took Randy's Tactical Handgun 101. I highly recommend taking firearm courses with Randy. He is an outstanding instructor. Now, I've taken a good number of practical handgun courses. This course covers all the fundamentals of handling and shooting handguns, including but not limited to: Firearm Safety, Combat Triad, (two handed thumbs pointed forward piggy-back) Grip, Stance, Trigger Control (Five Shooting Fundamentals), Four Step Draw, Shooting Drills not limited to Failure Drills, 1,2 and 3 Pistol Malfunction Corrections, Shooting on the Move, Dedicated Pairs, Deliberate Pairs, and Hammer Pairs. I note that professional musicians, martial artists and expert shooters always practice their fundamentals. This is "The Course" for beginners and for experts. Some instructors may tell you something like: "Get Your Groups Closer Together!" Randy tells you "individually" what and how to get your groups closer.
    This Tactical Handgun 101 Course was given at Irvin Lehman's Southern Exposure Training Facility. It is a really nice shooting facility that restricted only to training seminars. Irv is a crusty old timer (junior to me), but he is an okay kinda guy. Whether you are a novice or an experienced shooter, if you ever have the opportunity, take a course with Randy because you will be doing yourself a great favor.

How is Irv doing?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

GYM,

Quien sabes. He says he is well and that he's had that damn cough since he was a teenage. It appears he has undergone some type of procedure with some lingering residual effects that he is working on. Although I hadn't met him prior to the course, he seems good to go.

Back to the topic, Randy Cain is a fantastic instructor, and excellent diagnostician.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List