Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Which 380 acp would you buy?

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Not even close, and most of my pants excluding slacks and suit pants are 2" larger than necessary.

When you guys talk about pockets deep enough for a j-frame, I think you must all look like this:

Attachment 10631
    Hah! Nice.

Seriously though, your ability to pocket carry is often limited by your body type. The dimensions of your pelvis, legs, and how much muscle or fat you have on your legs makes a big difference. Then of course, some jean pockets are deeper than others.

I am generally not a fan of a standard pocket carry, as any pistol is often unsecured and moves around on you. There are many advantages to an air weight J-frame. The cylinder and protrusion of the rubber grips also add some more friction to the inside of the pocket to keep it from moving around. I carried a S&W M&P340 for a while in a pocket or on the waist with gym shorts, and it did well. If possible, always carry at the waist as it offers the best security.

What the fuck sort of front pants pockets do you motherfuckers have that you can fit a j-frame? None of my Kuhl or VertX pants, jeans, dress slacks, khakis, or suit pants can come anywhere near fitting a j-frame. The only ones that can are some Tru-Spec fugazi 5.11's I have, and even then the J-frame would look like a bursting colostomy bag.
    Done it for 30+ years in everything from 3 piece suits to cargo shorts. 6 ft 185 lbs.

You really think this is legit with a Sept 2016 join date, and this scenario -- you guys are way too gullible.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    You really think this is legit with a Sept 2016 join date, and this scenario -- you guys are way too gullible.
    Is that a confession? ��

I had a G42 that was a problem child. Multiple Failure to Feeds (5 different shooters tested my firearm) Glock made up grades and it still took about 200 rounds to break i right. After 4 months sold it. My only .380ACP is my LCP (BUG) Super reliable since day one. NOt a big fan of .380, but the LCP will do fine.
    “There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men.”
    ― Robert A. Heinlein, Starship Troopers

You may be right. Let's see if he comes back and what he says.

cdnn has ruger lcps for $220 currently

If that's trolling, then I don't get it.

Lots of people own 380s. Many of the well respected members here own 380 pocket pistols. Even Todd had an LCP. Is it that hard to imagine someone might join an internet forum called "Pistol-Forum" and ask about two 380 pocket pistols they are considering?

If it's supposed to be a joke, then I think it's a failure of a joke, and the person who thinks they're being clever should take a knee and punch themselves in the face.
    Last edited by TGS; 09-16-2016 at 09:59 PM.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

What the fuck sort of front pants pockets do you motherfuckers have that you can fit a j-frame? None of my Kuhl or VertX pants, jeans, dress slacks, khakis, or suit pants can come anywhere near fitting a j-frame. The only ones that can are some Tru-Spec fugazi 5.11's I have, and even then the J-frame would look like a bursting colostomy bag.
    Ive carried a j and a speedloader in Carhartt front pocket for years doing carpentry and construction work. I can carry a g19 in the front pocket though, they are roomy. The LL Bean jeans work OK for a J and loader, but not as comfortably as the Carhartts.

I feel a little silly pointing out clues to the guys in LE, but here goes:

1) we have a guy with a Sept 2016 join date -- the PF equivalent of someone with NR or "no rating" on GunBroker. Seems like we may have a PFestivus thread running now, in part, on new posters.

2) which .380 does he buy, knowing what Gary has said about the .380 cartridge on PF, raises a flag.

3) he makes a first post, and then a pretty cryptic second post, as the regulars blab on on all the regular talking points regarding not getting killed in the streets.

4) three seconds with Google yields this as the first hit for one of his choices:

The eagle-eyed amongst you may recall that I posted the world’s shortest review of the Masterpiece Arms (MPA) Protector .380 pocket pistol. I reported that my over-curious FFL dealer racked the slide and broke the damn thing. I received an immediate email from the infinitely understanding PR maven Laura Burgess. Her clients at MPA laid the blame for the breakage at the feet, well, hands, of my guy Steve. So I pulled the pernicious post pending further investigation . . .

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...ed-review-due/

5) screen name is the very gun like "lawnguy."

6) Masterpiece website lists no .380 currently offered.

7) Masterpiece has no mention of any warranty, no less a lifetime warranty available for $50.

8) OP says the Masterpiece is $275 cash. Huh?

Other than this, it seems totally legit.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List