Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Which 380 acp would you buy?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    I would get the Ruger LCP, then. I personally bought a different gun for that task, but if you're limited to $325 then I'd definitely get the Ruger.
    ^^^^This. I saw one in the store the other day for a touch over $200. Ruger takes care of their customers, so don't let the lack of a written warranty dissuade you. I'd rather deal with the unlikely need of getting help from Ruger to fix a gun with no written warranty than the likely need and awkward process of getting a Taurus fixed through their written one.

Quote Originally Posted by LSP552 View Post
    I have a Glock 42 with over 1,000 rds without a hiccup. By far, my favorite .380.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hauptmann View Post
    If you plan on sticking a pistol in your pocket, I strongly advise you to read this:
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....0-ACP-vs-38-Sp

You might be best off with a S&W 442 or 642 in .38spl.
    Both the Glock 42 and J-frame are a bit large for pocket carry, unless you're only putting them in fairly large pockets like jackets, or pants with abnormally large front pockets. None of my jeans, nor most of my other pants, will fit a J-frame or Glock 42. The Kahr PM9 is smaller than the Glock 42 but larger than the Ruger LCP, and although it will fit in most of my pockets the draw is substantially hindered.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

If you must have that size you can find a Ruger LCP for $200 on sale. I'd go with a G42 myself.

Eat Ramen noodles for a week and you will have enough money to buy an Airweight J frame.

Much much better pocket pistol than any .380.

What the fuck sort of front pants pockets do you motherfuckers have that you can fit a j-frame? None of my Kuhl or VertX pants, jeans, dress slacks, khakis, or suit pants can come anywhere near fitting a j-frame. The only ones that can are some Tru-Spec fugazi 5.11's I have, and even then the J-frame would look like a bursting colostomy bag.
    Last edited by TGS; 09-16-2016 at 07:22 PM.

Wrangler relaxed fit jeans, Bass khaki pants, Wrangler cargo pants and shorts.

I carry a J every day in my pocket with no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    What the fuck sort of front pants pockets do you motherfuckers have that you can fit a j-frame? None of my Kuhl pants, jeans, dress slacks, khakis, or suit pants can come anywhere near fitting a j-frame. The only ones that can are some Tru-Spec faghezi 5.11's I have, and even then the J-frame would look like a bursting colostomy bag.
    You wearing skinny jeans or something?

At that price, just get an LCP that includes a lifetime warranty. Ruger has some of the best customer service in the industry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Hauptmann View Post
    You wearing skinny jeans or something?
    Not even close, and most of my pants excluding slacks and suit pants are 2" larger than necessary.

When you guys talk about pockets deep enough for a j-frame, I think you must all look like this:

Name:  thJWS85L2Y.jpg
Views: 688
Size:  13.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by lawnguy View Post
    I want something I can put in my front pocket.

I don't want to spend a lot of money.
    Then I would concur with TGS, the LCP is a much better option in terms of quality. I mean, if you're reaching for a pocket pistol, things are bad. In which case, I'd want something a little higher up on the quality/reliability scale than a Taurus or MA.

I know it's bit bigger, but a J-frame is king of the pocket carry for many reasons. I have an LCP in the safe, but I pocket carry a no-lock 638 when needed.

User Tag List