Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Want my first non-striker: P30 LEM or CZ P-07?

Quote Originally Posted by Cecil Burch View Post
    I never said or implied otherwise. I was stating what I KNEW, and what was good enough for me. Not what should be universally followed by everyone. I was answering a specific question from 125mph. My answers are as good as the the other anecdotes and conjecture thrown around by others on this thread. Not better, but solid enough for ME, and based on first hand real world experience. If you think that is not good enough, you can certainly choose to weigh my input as you feel best.
    Precisely, which is why I started my comment by stating it was not at all meant as I slight toward you, as you were just reporting good info. My comment was for 125, who was possibly confusing the vetting of individual pistols like you reported with yourself and Mike P, and the kind of institutional vetting that comes with a contract like the P2000 has with CBP.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Yeah, I have a great LGS that put the small panels/rear on for me and let me dry-fire it. Having some experience with DA only stuff, it's really weird seeing the hammer come back during "take-up" with such little pressure.
    They have a PX4 in 40 and a P-09 for rent, and I will have access to a DA/SA P30 in a month when a friend gets back from the green zone, so I may just go shoot all and see how I do, and if I prefer one over the other.
    I kinda like the idea that the P-07 would allow me to fiddle with it (something I like to do).

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Fortunately, each person has the ability to establish their own criteria. Personally, I would carry a P07, but I would first need to put a lot more rounds through it verifying function, than I would with an HK. I would also be very judicious about what after market parts, if any, I put into a P07 that I carried, and my carry P07 has just some mild polishing by CZ Custom. I was amazed following a P07 thread on another forum, where there seemed to be a daily competition changing springs to see who get get the lightest possible trigger in a P07.
    I'm at the point where I don't modify anything on carry guns beyond sights. Maybe I'll keep a public log going on how this goes, could be interesting...

I agree that the P-07/09 series has not been vetted as thoroughly as some other pistols in the US. I do beleve the Czech police carry them and maybe the Phillipinos, but maybe all it took to secure those contracts was some cash bribes and hookers (Hey, it works for the Olympics).

My postings about the P-07 are kind of a realtime vetting that I'm doing myself. I intend to run mine in some classes in 2017. If they barf all over themselves I will post about that as well.

I did pick up a Sig P2022 not long ago as an alternative, but I don't really care for the grip. I need to find a large grip as the medium is best described as tiny.

If neither of those are what I'm after Mr Langdon's Version of the PX4 Compact could be the ticket....

I really like polymer framed carry guns and for AIWB I dig the DA/SA system.
    Last edited by Greg; 09-15-2016 at 07:02 PM.

http://www.janes.com/article/56865/s...stol-inventory

Slovakia replaces semi-automatic pistol inventory
    Slovakia has purchased the CZ 2075D RAMI P, compact CZ P-07, and standard CZ P-09, in addition to Glock 17 Gen 4's. This acquisition will hopefully provide us with some hard data on the P07 / P09 in actual field use.

I have had a Gen 1 P07 Duty for awhile now with a few thousand rounds through it with no problems, yet any ways. I've heard a lot of horror stories about the first gens, that I know are very well documented and well founded, but haven't seen anything like that with mine. I haven't changed a thing on it yet, although I'll probably grab a couple trigger return springs soon just to be careful. For what its worth I bought it used, although after a close inspection it didn't seem to see a lot, if any action. And it didn't come with a decocker, but rather a safety and light and is a pretty late serial number for the 1st gens. I have no experience with the P30, but that and a USP are on the short list for my next pistol. I'd take a good look at all the stuff people have already posted about it and just go with what seems best to you.

I suspect even a stock P07 trigger will seem pretty skookum compared to a regular LEM on a P2000. I am just in from the range, and at the end shot my P2000 SK .40. You really need to be a devotee of the P2000 series, or issued one, to get excited about shooting one for fun.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I suspect even a stock P07 trigger will seem pretty skookum compared to a regular LEM on a P2000. I am just in from the range, and at the end shot my P2000 SK .40. You really need to be a devotee of the P2000 series, or issued one, to get excited about shooting one for fun.
    Well...I've never enjoyed shooting subcompact .40s. But maybe that's just me. I don't mind the 9mm full size P2000 at all.

User Tag List