Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta 92 20 round Mec-Gars

Beretta 92 20 round Mec-Gars

I know the 18 round Mec-Gars are highly regarded, but how are the 20s?

Are they considered good to be used for carry, or are they best for matches and the like?

Quote Originally Posted by M2CattleCo View Post
    I know the 18 round Mec-Gars are highly regarded, but how are the 20s?

Are they considered good to be used for carry, or are they best for matches and the like?
    I've broken some of the p226 20rd base plates (which I think are the same)when dropping them. I avoid them now. The 18 RDS are gtg

I don't much care for the 20's because of my perception of how they affect the pistol's balance. The 18's work well, though I tend to load them down by one round to help feeding. Probably not necessary, though.

I've got 4 that I've used a fair amount. Never had any problems with any ammo type, but for some reason I really hate loading the things and have used them less of late than I once did. Anymore, I'll load one up and empty it each time I got to the range, but the real bulk of the work gets done with old school OEM 15 round mags.

I have two for the Beretta 92FS and they have not given me any problems.

I also have some 20 round MecGars for my SIG P226 9mm, which are apparently very similar to ones made for a Beretta.
    I'm generally using these on a static range and not had the need to drop or step on them.
    They work and feed fine.
    It's convenient to load up five of these mags and have a hundred rounds already pre-loaded for a range session (which often can turn into several hundred rounds being shot).
    For my SIG P226, I'll likely be carrying with an 18-round MecGar, mentioned in Post#2.
    Last edited by L-2; 12-17-2017 at 05:52 PM.

@LesPepperoni might have some insight on such things.

Sent from mah smertfone using tapathingy

I have four that I have used for practice. They have never given me any problems, but where I shoot mags drop onto sand, base plates flying off from impact is not very likely.

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    I've broken some of the p226 20rd base plates (which I think are the same)when dropping them. I avoid them now. The 18 RDS are gtg
    I’ve been using 20rd 226 mags for years. Hard use. Been dropped on concrete, gravel, dirt, grass and sand more times then I can count. Never given me a single problem. Use 2 as my reloads on my duty belt.

When I was shooting Berettas I compared the mags to my 226 mags. As I recall the only difference was where the mag release cutouts were located.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Vending Machine Operator
    I prefer the 18-rounders for balance but I've used the 20s, 18s, and nickel plated 15s, and Mec-Gar 92 magazines are dialed in, in my experience.

Though, if I'm being 100% honest, I tend to keep them with the 15-round Beretta factory standard 92-magazine when they might have serious use potential, since I've had phenomenal experience with them through many thousands of rounds.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

User Tag List