Thread: Chief: 'Our Phoenix police officers were targeted'

Site Supporter

Chief: 'Our Phoenix police officers were targeted'

Chief: 'Our Phoenix police officers were targeted'

A man accused of striking three police officers with his vehicle at a Phoenix QuikTrip early Tuesday has been identified as 44-year-old Marc LaQuon Payne.

An angry Phoenix Police Chief Joe Yahner played a video showing a vehicle pulling out of a parking space, circling the parking lot and then accelerating toward the police officers outside the convenience store.

In an early-afternoon press conference, Yahner said two officers were seriously injured and the driver will be booked on three charges of attempted first-degree murder.

"I’m very proud of the men and women of the Phoenix Police Department, and I'm outraged by this incident," Yahner said.

“Our Phoenix police officers were targeted."

A 33-year-old police officer who was on his first day of duty suffered a head injury, and a police sergeant, 41, suffered a broken leg. A third officer, 36, managed to jump out of the way but was injured during an extended struggle with the driver, Yahner said.

The video shows the rookie officer thrown several feet in the air and hitting the glass window of the QuikTrip. The officer, whom Yahner would identify only by his first name, Jeremy, then helped take Payne into custody, Yahner said.

The sergeant, who had fallen to the pavement, called for assistance, Yahner said.

The collision happened just before 2 a.m. at the store at 2535 W Camelback Road, just off Interstate 17.

http://www.azcentral.com/story/news/...them/90296078/

"the driver will be booked on three charges of attempted first-degree murder."

What - no autopsy?

It's a pity they did not put enough lead through that windshield to warrant an EPA cleanup notice.

You just can't let your guard down anywhere, not saying these gents did, but I personally think if I were conversing in front of a 7-11 I wouldn't have expected that. One things for sure, it's burnt into my brain now. I was expecting a drive by not a drive through. This shit's getting crazier with every day...

If you're a cop grabbing a quick one at a convenience store, you'd better expect anything. Been there, done that.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Hope the officers heal quickly. I am very surprised this did not end differently.

Hope the officers make a full recovery. Sad the driver isn't dead and will suck up more tax dollars. Any motive other than crazy fucker??

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    If you're a cop grabbing a quick one at a convenience store, you'd better expect anything. Been there, done that.
    Especially in the area where this happened - complete shit zone. I swear I have driven there at night and saw actual zombies walking around.
    For info about training or to contact me:
    Immediate Action Combatives

Quote Originally Posted by Cecil Burch View Post
    Especially in the area where this happened - complete shit zone. I swear I have driven there at night and saw actual zombies walking around.
    Hanging around an inner city convenience store is an excellent way to examine the order of our society and reflect on life choices.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Quote Originally Posted by TAZ View Post
    Hope the officers make a full recovery. Sad the driver isn't dead and will suck up more tax dollars. Any motive other than crazy fucker??
    Back in 1997 he assaulted three Officers and got some serious probation.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Quote Originally Posted by Coyotesfan97 View Post
    Back in 1997 he assaulted three Officers and got some serious probation.
    How serious? Like double secret probation? Or worse, like non-reporting probation with mandatory AA meetings that waste actual recovering people's time and drug tests that can be failed whenever the POS wishes?

User Tag List