Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I need some suggestions

I need some suggestions

An embarrassing dilemma...

I'm having a recurring problem in a rather, erm, sensitive area.

Since transitioning from my old job in an air conditioned environment to a far warmer and somewhat more humid one, I've had a problem attributable to increased perspiration and physical activity. Basically my extreme upper thigh area seems to be chafing and it builds up to cause significant pain after a few days. I've tried treating it to some effect, but it seems to come back consistently. A co-worker suggested X-Temp underwear by Hanes, but they only aggravated the issue more.

I'm humbly asking you folks here if there is any insight or suggestions on the issue. I will admit I've yet to consult a physician in regards to the matter, but figured someone here may have a remedy.
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

Not sure if you can use this but, during my training up to and participation in a few 1/2s, I shredded my inner thighs. Especially at that time, my legs were much larger. A member of my running group suggested Vaseline on the affected area before starting a training run. That helped a little. Another member also suggested Abolene. That worked much better. There are also a variety of anti-chafing balms you can buy through your local outdoors gear store. You might have to reapply through the day until you build up some callousness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "There is magic in misery. You need to constantly fail. Always bite off more than you can chew, put yourself in situations where you don't succeed then really analyze why you didn't succeed." - Dean Karnazes www.sbgillinois.com

I need some suggestions

Compression shorts and Gold Bond (green).

If your weight is a little above where you wanna be even 10# will help.

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using an owl
    Last edited by orionz06; 09-13-2016 at 06:00 PM.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

I just went through this while working 12s in 100+ degree weather for 10 days straight.

I would not recommend any type of compression anything underwear, cotton and preferably best cotton you can find (I have hanes which seem to work best).

Gold Bond as posted above is your friend. Every hour or so check your parts and if they aren't white with the gold bond, be generous. That will help a lot.

To prevent it you can put large bandaid pads on the trouble areas and wrap them with a light coat of bandage - not too tight obviously. If that's a pain in the ass, then carry a kit of baby wipes with aloe or any moist wipe and clean them up whenever you get w chance.

Hygiene is extremely important here because anyone can easily develop a fungal infection and for men that can lead to balanitis, not going to explain what that is and Google it at your discretion... nsfw...

Under no circumstance do you scratch your thighs and/or any bumps that may develop. If your skin is raw down they make sure it's clean, powder accordingly and keep trucking until you are done work. Shower and make sure it's aired out properly, aloe Vera gel may help sooth it.

Most of this info I got from my doctor who gave me the low down. If for whatever reason you start itching uncontrollably and cannot sleep see a doctor immediately for some sort of cream with a relief agent and possibly an anti fungal if needed. This is not the type of thing you give a few days if it gets worse...it won't get better unless you get medication.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

I really like the new Reebok Performance boxer briefs - http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/pr...FYWAaQod02QDhw - They really keep me dry, long bike rides, gym work, daily wear, etc.

Combined with Gold Bond - helps keep everything at bay.

Should I get some irritation...Hydrogen Peroxide or isopropyl alcohol on a cotton pad and clean the affected area. Let it air dry and get yourself - DRY. Then Gold Bond. And do be aware Gold Bond and the alcohol both...sting a little bit. Like...the first time it hits you...and it takes a few seconds...you're going to wish you were getting 30-lashes from a bullwhip instead, stinging. But it subsides...eventually.

Gold Bond during the day when you are out in it. They have it in spray bottles now so it's easy to apply.

If you are overly chafed ... at night use something like one would treat diaper rash with to help relieve the pain and aid in healing. It works. Don't ask me how I know.

Anti Monkey Butt Powder
    http://www.antimonkeybutt.com/
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

I would not place Gold Bond by your twig and berries, it likely has no ill effect but I've heard the talc is being linked to ovarian cancer for women, or something like that. I never thought it was a great product for the crown jewels either.

I've had the same problem as you before but it simply went away with activity - my local pharmacist suggested simple corn starch or if you have money in your pocket the Body Glide products. I would get that over the powders as the powders just make a god damn mess all over the place.
    When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk. -Tuco
    Today is victory over yourself of yesterday... -Miyamoto Musashi

Patagonia wicking boxers and gold bond. Breakfast of champions.

User Tag List