Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: EDC Containers / Trays

I use the top tray from a cheap plastic toolbox. The toolbox itself is used to store bullets for reloading.

Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    You know, I mentioned Saddleback too, and I love their stuff, but utimately you're paying $85 bucks for something that is functionally identical to an upside-down shoebox lid.

Geez-a-pete. That's a lot of money.
    ^This. My belt and wallet are both from Saddleback (wore out a bunch of cheap ones of both along the way, then decided to buy nice/durable), but $85 for a tray? No thanks, I'm good.

I bought a nice simple fruitwood maple box from a Mennonite guy selling them at a farmer's market in Ontario two summers ago for $10 Canadian.

It is nicely aged, with a hand-rubbed finish. It's just a box, basically, so pretty simple. I keep all the odds and ends I seem to be partial to over the years, in addition to wallet, keys, knife, etc. I have a rock from the National Holocaust Museum with "Remember", my dad's mini-switchblade (honest lol, he got it in Spain), and a Los Angeles class submarine tie-tack I got at IBM.

Here's where all the stuff in my pockets go when I get home. It's a 'Deluxe Valetary'. I found it several years ago in a thrift store. My phone has a case that functions as my wallet for ID and cards and is with me all the time. At night, my phone becomes my alarm clock and sits on top of my nightstand and my holstered pistol goes into the top drawer of the nightstand. The 'Valetary' is in my closet, where I get dressed.

Name:  Valetary1.jpg
Views: 373
Size:  63.4 KB

Name:  Valetary2.jpg
Views: 375
Size:  23.4 KB

Pocket shit (knife, flashlight, wallet, pen, etc.) goes in my ballcap.

Pistol, holster and mag carrier goes into a small refrigerator sized Sentry safe, with electronic digital keypad, that I bought second hand on Ebay for $85 (the guy I bought it from bought it at Costco). I bought 5 more trays for it on Amazon (~$12 each) and keep all my CCW pistols in it. Beep, beep, beep, beep, beep, turn the handle and it's open. No fuss, no muss.

I use an old cigar box that belonged to my Grandpa. He died a few months before I was born. He was a Dam builder, and when he retired someone from his crew gave him a box of cigars. My Mom gave me that old cigar box and I throw the stuff from my pockets in there if I'm not planning on wearing the same pants/shorts again the next day. If I don't have some sort of box/tray, I'll spend far too long the next morning tracking down stuff before I leave.

Site Supporter
    I use one of these: http://shop.mitchell-leather.com/Lar...m?productId=28 in black that my girlfriend got me.

ETA: Their money clip wallet is awesome, too if you want a nice, slim and useful wallet. http://shop.mitchell-leather.com/Fam...Wallets_c6.htm
    Last edited by Erik; 09-21-2016 at 02:17 PM.

Since we are on the topic...what minimalist wallet is everyone using? On duty I carry a small wallet and was considering the daka wallet...
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Site Supporter
    I carry the Mitchell Leather money clip wallet linked above. It's the least bulky option I could find that didn't make dealing with cash a pain in the ass and that was made using materials and workmanship I appreciate. There are similar cheaper versions available too. The money clip is really handy. As easy to use as a billfold, and allows the wallet to be much slimmer. I find a smaller pouch-type wallet, where you have to fold bills up to put them in it, inconvenient to use. When I was looking into it, the Mitchell version seemed to be the nicest and best-executed version of this, as well as reasonably-priced by comparison to some others.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    Since we are on the topic...what minimalist wallet is everyone using? On duty I carry a small wallet and was considering the daka wallet...
    I use a small binder clip for cash and my phone case for cards and ID.

User Tag List