Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: EDC Containers / Trays

I've been using a leather Fossil card holder wallet for probably the better part of 10 years or so that my mother in law bought me for Christmas. It's held up well, but it probably wouldn't look good in fancy gun pics next to bitchin' watches and stacks of hunnids.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    Since we are on the topic...what minimalist wallet is everyone using? On duty I carry a small wallet and was considering the daka wallet...
    I use these:

http://www.countycomm.com/moneyclip2.html

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I can do some cool shit with RFID readers.

Since we are on the topic...what minimalist wallet is everyone using? On duty I carry a small wallet and was considering the daka wallet...
    Bellroy slim sleeve. https://bellroy.com/products/slim-sl...allet/charcoal

I have had saddleback, brooks brothers, and other similar. This is the best I've found. I use it domestic and their travel wallet international. https://bellroy.com/products/travel-...ather/charcoal
    Ignore Alien Orders

I had a Kenneth Cole wallet for years that worked well, but time and abuse caught up with it. I've got a Ridge Wallet now, and it works ok for me.

https://www.ridgewallet.com
    I can't understand people who think banning guns makes them safer. They must also believe that banning books makes them smarter.

I put everything into a a $3.00 drawer organizer which rests inside a certain kitchen drawer.

I almost bought a valet from Red Oxx. But when I stopped and thought about it, that product wouldn't serve my purposes any better than what I've currently got. I decided to simply stay put and save those $$ for something I REALLY need. This form of minimalism is growing on me.

There exist a vast variety of smaller baskets that would seem appropriate for the task. I look for them in thrift stores for brass handling when reloading. On the assumption that they must have been sold new at some point, the hobby lobby type places may have them. Some Ive found were actually pretty nice looking baskets. Think I'll grab one from my reloading supplies for by the bed instead of the kitchen bowl.

RFID blockers are a good idea, it's the way of the future...
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

I just switched from a bifold to a card carrier. First thing I tried was the Ragged Edge Card Sleeve ID. Very nice sleeve with a clear ID window on one side and three slots on the other side. The downside to this is that as thin as the sailcloth is, every one of those slots adds some degree of thickness. The other problem with this sleeve is that it is very stiff when new. That means getting cards in and out is a pain. I experienced the same issue with a bifold from Ragged Edge that I tried out a few years ago. It's probably reasonable to assume that the wallet will break in over time, but I didn't have the patience to wait around to for that to happen. If you're concerned about the contents of your card holder being secure, you can shake the Ragged Edge holder to your heart's content, and it will not dislodge your cards.

When that Ragged Edge bifold didn't work out, I found another company which makes recycled sailcloth products: Flowfold. I bought one of their bifold wallets and carried it for four years. It's held up great, and needed no additional break-in. So, about a month ago I picked up their Minimalist Card Holder Wallet. It's a single-pocket sleeve, lacking the organization you get from the Ragged Edge card holder. But it also comes in a couple millimeters thinner, and it's not ridiculously stiff—cards are easy to insert and retrieve. You get a few more choices in color with the Flowfold, too. My criticism would be the lack of organization. If this card holder came with a clear vinyl ID sleeve on the opposite side, it would be just about perfect for me. The downside to cards being easy to remove is that cards are easy to remove. Turn this thing upside down and give it a good shake, and it ejects its contents quite easily.

Flowfold says this model can carry up to eleven credit cards, plus a few folded bills. Empty, it's a mere 2mm thin. I carry five cards and four folded bills, which comes out to 10mm. The Ragged Edge holder starts at 4mm thin when empty, and 12mm when full. Ragged Edge says it will hold four to six cards, plus one ID, and an unspecified number of folded bills. The Ragged Edge holder is $35, while the Flowfold is $10. In summary, if you want organization, solid retention, and don't mind a slightly thicker package, the Ragged Edge is for you. If you aren't so concerned about retention and want the absolutely slimmest card sleeve out there, and don't want to spend a lot of money, the Flowfold is what you want.
    Last edited by Casey; 09-24-2016 at 01:48 PM.

Check out Recycled Firefighter. I've been using a leather Sergeant for several months and like it. Also available in all kinds of colors of recycled fire hose.

I have been using one of these slim billfolds I make for over a year now. Holds cash and 8-12 cards. It is taller than most wallets for foreign bills but folds to a normal size. By stacking the cards, it is pretty thin and I can easily carry it in my front pocket. This one is made from Nurse Shark and pigskin.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell
    http://www.jrcholsters.com

User Tag List