Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: EDC Containers / Trays

This works for me. Three compartment tray. I put my all my stuff in my right pocket in one. Put the stuff from my left pocket in another. The third holds stuff I may not carry everyday like an additional SAK, small light, etc.

In the morning it makes things easier because if I misplaced anything Ill know it by sight instead of just throwing everything from a big basket into my pockets without thinking.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00KA...CR0G1FRX18Q1KF

Eta - phone and gun go on nightstand next to bed.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Cool Breeze; 10-21-2016 at 03:47 AM.

I've been thinking of these. Two trays for $25. One on top of the dresser and one in the gun room when I am cleaning stuff and doing disassembly tasks. If the vendor gives you heartburn, you can find them elsewhere: https://www.botach.com/ultra-gun-all-purpose-maintenance-trays-2-pack/

Men freely believe that which they desire.
    Julius Caesar

Some of these trays/containers are pretty cute. I know a bunch of guys who like Gerstner's Machinists Chests like this: http://gerstnerusa.com/made-in-usa-p...ses/2610-chest They are certainly very cool and have a great look, but at 1900 bucks just a bit rich for me.

But taking the Machinist's toolbox as a starting point I decided to evolve it a bit further, with some time and effort I found this:

Name:  IMG_1520.jpg
Views: 148
Size:  36.2 KB

This is a salesman/serviceman's chest for J.T. Slocomb Co. Machinist tools...The tools that the machinist would store in his Gerstner came first from the samples carried and serviced with this kit.

Name:  IMG_1524.jpg
Views: 160
Size:  44.0 KB

I saw the potential here. Bakelite drawers, wood, steel, leather, heavy duty latches. So, starting with the bones, I cleaned every thing thoroughly and then spent some time putting felt down in the bottom, in each drawer and eventually along the top to have a place to mount morale patches.

Name:  IMG_1523.jpg
Views: 142
Size:  24.7 KB

The top folds down for addition storage, right now it's a bit messy still setting up my organizational structure.

Name:  IMG_1522.jpg
Views: 154
Size:  61.9 KB

___

Old school, cool, and not many people out there are going to have something like this...whereas you can still buy a Gerstner. Not that it matters...but you know...it matters.

User Tag List