Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 30 of 30

Thread: Best "FIX" to disable S&W OEM revolver lock?

  1. #21
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Cave Creek, Az.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    I'll try to reach out to those guys and see if there is any interest.
    You guys are great!.....More info that I could have hoped for......Tom_Jones keep us up to date on what you find out....I would like to purchase a plug from you or some one else here who have gone above and beyond answering my questions.

    Jim

  2. #22
    Site Supporter
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    East Greenwich, RI
    Quote Originally Posted by fatdog View Post
    The last one I got was from Ed Jennings, sighttool@gmail.com

    It was acceptable, I would choose his stainless version for a 642, when last I purchased, his price was $35 shipped, had to send a check since he did not take paypal or credit cards. There may be other makers now.
    Jennings Machine and Tool
    205-533-2033
    Edjs47@charter.net

    I ordered and installed a blue J-frame plug a few weeks ago. He takes PayPal now. Shipping was fast and the product first rate.

  3. #23
    Site Supporter
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    CONUS
    Sad commentary on S&W marketing team. They don't understand people will pay an additional $35 and likely more (since it would be factory and not a fix) to eliminate a "feature." Literally defies comprehension.

  4. #24
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Cave Creek, Az.
    Quote Originally Posted by LSP552 View Post
    Jennings Machine and Tool
    205-533-2033
    Edjs47@charter.net

    I ordered and installed a blue J-frame plug a few weeks ago. He takes PayPal now. Shipping was fast and the product first rate.
    LSP552....thanks for the info......Jim

    Jim

  5. #25
    Hillbilly Elitist Malamute's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Northern Rockies
    Quote Originally Posted by Willard View Post
    Sad commentary on S&W marketing team. They don't understand people will pay an additional $35 and likely more (since it would be factory and not a fix) to eliminate a "feature." Literally defies comprehension.
    I agree with the general sentiment expressed, but I believe there are certain model Js available without locks. I have no further information, somebody may be able to clarify.

  6. #26
    Gray Hobbyist Wondering Beard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    The Coterie Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Malamute View Post
    I agree with the general sentiment expressed, but I believe there are certain model Js available without locks. I have no further information, somebody may be able to clarify.
    Three models that I could find on the S&W site.

    Model 642
    Model 442
    M&P 340

  7. #27
    Site Supporter Sherman A. House DDS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Nashville TN
    The 640 Pro comes from the factory sans lock.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. #28
    Site Supporter
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Albuquerque, NM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondering Beard View Post
    Three models that I could find on the S&W site.

    Model 642
    Model 442
    M&P 340
    They never list on their site, but they still make no lock 340PDs. The SKU for them is 103061.

    ETA: I'm a liar. Here it is: http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/w...layErrorView_Y

    I don't know if they currently make them, but new ones seem to always be on GB.

  9. #29
    Site Supporter
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    America
    Any new info or sources for a plug? I have two blue smiths with the Hillary hole that I need to plug before all the soul leaks out.

  10. #30
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Lander, WY USA

    Original Precision

    I replaced the lock on a new 625 with a plug from Original Precision: https://www.originalprecision.com/lo...ete-parts.html. It was a relatively painless process. I found a couple videos on You Tube that helped. Best, ELN.

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •