Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 10mm question

OK, if were going to get silly,

Name:  Comparative power chart.jpg
Views: 374
Size:  27.2 KB

A friend that's a 10mm fan pointed out that this was obviously describing the power of a 10mm

Last edited by Malamute; 09-11-2016 at 10:42 PM.

I was told full power 10mm rounds slapped the target and called it a bitch before entering....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Don't the Danish and Norwegians armed forces carry Glock 20s with some hard cast load for backup polar bear guns? Should that influence me in Texas?

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Bearthread {bār-thrĕd} (n.) Interminable discussion threads on internet gun fora devoted to rationalizing purchase of exotic firearms solutions to fantastically unlikely problems. "The Taurus Judge is the concrete, physical world manifestation of too much bearthread."
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

More bearthread!!!!
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Site Supporter
    Hey, it's not unlikely. There was a dude in NJ who came home to the burbs with a bag of meatmall submarines. A black bear knocked him over and took the subs. Or maybe it was the Governor on the loose. Hard to tell.

Love the definition, Tam!!

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    "Only manly men and very dangerous mythical creatures can handle the raw power of the 10mm automatic"
    Even Col. Jeff Cooper realized there were better options then the 10mm for self defense purposes, and he helped create the thing in the first place.

After running a pair of 10mm Tangfolios for a year, I followed his example in spirit. The round costs a lot, beats up man and machine when loaded "full house", and is harder to control then 9mm : which does the same job for less all around wear and tear on man , machine, and bank account.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    Wait... The salesman told me a 10mm opens a worm hole and transports the attacking critter back in time keeping me safe. Was that all marketing??
    Yes. Only truly powerful rounds such as .454 Casull and .460 S&W can do that.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

10mm question

So... In all seriousness, is there a good source for 10mm bulk ammo? And I need to source some mags as well. Midway limits purchases to 5 and they're sold out. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Last edited by Paul Sharp; 09-13-2016 at 06:06 PM. Reason: Because autocorrect sucks.
    "There is magic in misery. You need to constantly fail. Always bite off more than you can chew, put yourself in situations where you don't succeed then really analyze why you didn't succeed." - Dean Karnazes www.sbgillinois.com

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Sharp View Post
    So... In all seriousness, is there a good source for 10mm bulk ammo? And I need to source some mags as well. Midway limits purchases to 5 and they're sold out. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Magazines for what pistol? I have bought bulk ammo from Georgia Arms, loaded with Gold Dot Bullets, that was satisfactory. If you are going to shoot a lot, you need to reload or get a friend that will reload for you.

Definitely not aimed at you, but 10mm on non-animal targets really seems to appeal to guys that think all their problems would be solved if their cartridge was only an inch or two longer.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List