Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock low-profile magazine wells

I have it on my G17L. It feels at home there.

I tried it on my gen 3 g19 and it felt weird.

Pix are on my IG.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

I have a Freya on my G19 'Roland'...discovered that I had a surprisingly large number of the OEM G19 magazines that are not compatible...

"When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Test**
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

I have the salient/vtac on my gen 3 17. I have had it on for 2 years. It has been my EDC off and on and I have used it in some competitions without a single issue. I am very pleased with how it performs.

I have tried the Agency (on a G17, G19 and G34) as well as the Zev Pro (on a G17), and my "game gun" G34 wears the Dawson Precision ICE. For my hand size, the magwell did not work well for me on a G19. As the G17 is now my carry gun, the inability to strip out a mag with a standard baseplate made me sell off the others. The Zev Pro has a larger "funnel" area than the Agency for sure, without much added footprint.
    Jeff Martin
    Instagram

Site Supporter
    I have several of the Agency Arms G19 magwells as well as a couple of the VTAC/Salient ones. I definitely prefer the Agency version for a carry gun, it is very well rounded with no sharp/pointy edges. I've been using these models for several years on duty and off.

Whichever you choose, I recommend blue loctite on the screws and some silicone adhesive around the magwell. I put a small bead on before I install the magwell, and wipe off the excess. It helps the bond the magwell around the grip, but can still be removed if needed.

I have a freya on my 19 but I use it as a reverse magwell, meaning that my hands are fat and the freya lets the mag fall free whe performing a reload. Otherwise my hands have a tendency to pinch the mag base plate and thus not letting the mag fall free. On a full size Glock I don't really see the need for one at all, I think Surfs internal magwell mod would be better suited.

OP,

Which did you end up with? What do you think?

I'm not trolling you. I mention that as I assume you were talking about me from the last thread. I was very grumpy then, and though I was mostly serious, some of it was definitely my own sense of humor. Which I realize isn't widely appreciated outside of my head. Formal apology about that, to all involved.

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    ...... some of it was definitely my own sense of humor. Which I realize isn't widely appreciated outside of my head. Formal apology about that, to all involved.
    Hey, I like, and get, you humor. But then again I may have a similar problem...

Quote Originally Posted by LSP552 View Post
    Hey, I like, and get, you humor. But then again I may have a similar problem...
    Ahhh, a true connoisseur:-) What are you doing slumming here?;-) The drinks are terrible...

I'd like to say I'm funnier in real life, but that might not be correct...

User Tag List