Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: p30 take down???

We are diminished
    It almost certainly has a P2000 trigger return spring instead of the original P30 spring. Nothing to worry about unless you dislike the feel of the trigger pull.

It's also possible the extra long leg of a regular spring simply broke after another user tried to force the takedown lever out of the gun.

Thanks Todd - is there anything I can do to test?

on a separate note, the grip panels appear to have "stuff" in the open areas of the spider web - as if it wore off skin or sun block or something from the prior owner. Anyone else seen this? What did you use to clean it?

bob

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    It almost certainly has a P2000 trigger return spring instead of the original P30 spring. Nothing to worry about unless you dislike the feel of the trigger pull.

It's also possible the extra long leg of a regular spring simply broke after another user tried to force the takedown lever out of the gun.

We are diminished
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdavis View Post
    Thanks Todd - is there anything I can do to test?
    Yes. If I had my P30 in front of me I could help more, but a P30 trigger spring goes in "opposite" of a P2000 spring -- both are perfectly functional in the gun and I actually prefer the P2000 LEM spring -- and you can tell which version is installed simply by looking behind the trigger. I just don't know off the top of my head which side is which.

on a separate note, the grip panels appear to have "stuff" in the open areas of the spider web - as if it wore off skin or sun block or something from the prior owner.
    Ewwwwwww. Gross.

Ewwwwwww. Gross.

Maybe the Mrs. had his Ped Egg?

http://www.amazon.com/Pedicure-Foot-.../dp/B00113FENI

bob

Site Supporter
    I just don't know off the top of my head which side is which.
    I'm pretty sure that the P30 spring has the long leg on the right and the P2000 spring has it's top leg on the left.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JV View Post
    I'm pretty sure that the P30 spring has the long leg on the right
    Here's a pic of a P30 spring:
    http://pistol-forum.com/showthread.p...ll=1#post56576

Remove panels, use old toothbrush and simple green...works wonders.
    AKA: SkyLine1

I'm totally confused here and I think I might be losing something in translation, so I'll explain to you guys what I do with my P30L after I've cleared it and I'm ready to disassemble and clean.

A) Send the slide back beyond the slide lock and line up the take down lever with the square notch and pull the slide stop out towards me until I see the top red edge and then it stops moving.
    B) Slide the slide off the front of the frame.
    C) I'm a RH shooter, so looking down the back of the gun, I take the right side lever and lift it up until it clicks at about 10 o'clock if you are facing that side of the gun where the muzzle is pointed to your right.
    D) I remove the 'passive' right side lever and that allows me to get the 'active' left side slide lock out of the frame.

I clean everything up and then I follow the above in reverse order. After 10k plus rounds with a cleaning at every 500-1000 rounds, I've always done it this way. Is this a particular issue with LEM and P2K triggers only?

Forgive my vernacular above, I'm not a gunsmith
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

Quote Originally Posted by JV View Post
    Thanks! What I see is that the correct spring is there, it is however, bent over to the left and not engaging any "step" or catch in the slide lever pin (or whatever you'd call that). It's there, but kicked over. Someone gorilla'd that out.

bob

Quote Originally Posted by SkyLine1 View Post
    Remove panels, use old toothbrush and simple green...works wonders.
    I'm starting with regular hand soap - Simple Green is coming next.

What's the best tool for removing the pin to get the panels off?

Thanks -

bob
    (first HK - Glocks, Hi-Powers and one 1911 prior to this)

User Tag List