Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: p30 take down???

p30 take down???

I have a p30 with the lem trigger. I had a lighter trigger return spring installed. When I broke the pistol down to clean I pulled the slide stop all the way out. When I put it back in it broke my return spring. The armorer that installed the spring said I wasn't supposed to pull the slide stop all the way out , instead only partially. If this is true what keeps the slide stop secured? I almost did it again after the next session when I cleaned it . My usp always broke down with the complete removal of the slide stop. Can someone help?

You only pull out the slide stop as far as the red marking ontop of the lever. You do not remove the lever.
    AKA: SkyLine1

We are diminished
    The P30, based on customer requests, is different from the other P2000/USP series guns in this regard. As Skyline says, you only pull the takedown lever out until it stops moving. The lever is retained in the gun by the trigger return spring and forcing the lever past its intended stop point can damage or break the spring.

Thank you . With the lighter return spring is there a detent that possibly is not catching that allowed me to pull it all the way out?? Just wanted to say thanks for turning me on to the lem Todd. I would have never given a lem trigger a second thought until your p30 test now I am hooked.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by rockymtnnut View Post
    With the lighter return spring is there a detent that possibly is not catching that allowed me to pull it all the way out??
    The slide stop lever can come all the way out; however, for a simple field strip it does not need to. As you push the lever out you should hear a little "click" as the knotch in the lever arm catches the TRS. If you pull and further/harder the lever will come all the way out. Doing this repeatedly will cause the spring to break.

We are diminished
    Quote Originally Posted by zml342 View Post
    The slide stop lever can come all the way out; however, for a simple field strip it does not need to. As you push the lever out you should hear a little "click" as the knotch in the lever arm catches the TRS. If you pull and further/harder the lever will come all the way out. Doing this repeatedly will cause the spring to break.
    This is not correct. The lever is not intended to come out unless you manually disengage the trigger return spring from the pin. The trigger return spring is probably the only common wear item on the P30, abusing it by forcefully yanking the takedown lever out is a bad idea in my opinion.

rocky -- If someone installed a non-P30 spring in your gun (e.g., I tend to use P2000 LEM trigger springs because they're abundant) then it will not have the same "leg" that engages the takedown lever pin and the takedown lever will come completely out of the gun.

Site Supporter
    Todd- thank you for the correction.

Rocky- sorry for the wrong information.

Thanks Todd for the info the original spring is square stock and the lighter spring is round and definitely less significant.

Quote Originally Posted by zml342 View Post
    Todd- thank you for the correction.

Rocky- sorry for the wrong information.
    No problem learn something new everyday.

I just picked up a used v3 P30, and the slide stop pulls all the way out easily - there's no "catch" in there that I can feel. It goes back together without being forced though.

Is this a LEM/DA-SA issue or has something been changed in my pistol that I should look into prior to shooting?

bob

User Tag List