Thread: Quick Shipping Affordable Kydex Holsters from TR Holsters

Quick Shipping Affordable Kydex Holsters from TR Holsters

Disclaimer: I wasn't sure which subforum to post this in so mods feel free to move if necessary.

For the last several months I have been looking for an affordable kydex holster that I didn’t have to wait 6 or more weeks on for delivery. I spent hours looking on websites such as JM Custom Kydex, Raven Concealment, Bravo Concealment, G-Code, as well as many others and was disappointed that it would take so long to receive my purchase as they were all backlogged. I decided “What the heck, let’s see if there are any makers in NC”. Much to my surprise I found TR Holsters and they were only about an hour drive from me so one day I was able to get off work early and I decided to give them a call and I spoke directly with Tony, the owner of TR Holsters and asked if they had an actual store that I could come and look at some options. He said that they had just opened their new retail location and to come on down.

When I arrived I met with Tony and much to my surprise the shop was scheduled to be closed that day but Tony said that he lived nearby and that he didn’t mind meeting me there. We went in and I told him what I was looking for and he pulled one off the shelf. While we were there he asked if I would like a tour. He showed me how the orders come in each day and how they are meticulously followed from the time the order is placed until it is shipped out. Many popular holsters are ready to ship but some may have to be specifically made for each order. He walked me through the process of going from two sheets of kydex to finished product. When you order a holster Tony examines the holster for finish and fits it with a real gun, no blue guns, to ensure proper fit before it is shipped. I have since ordered two more holsters from Tony at TR Holsters and they were shipped within a couple of days and I had them by the end of the week.

BOTTOM LINE: Tony is a gun guy who shoots in matches regularly and has trained with some great trainers such as Larry Vickers and the late Pat Rogers. He knows what is required to make a quality product and ensures that every product from his company meets that standard before it is shipped. His holsters are very affordable ($60) and ship quickly (3-5 days). Having ordered and waited in the past on other brands such as Raven and G-Code, my business will now go solely to TR Holsters. Keep a check on his website as they often will run a special. My last order was just in time to take advantage of their 25% off sale. A quality kydex holster at $45 delivered to your door in less than a week is a hell of a bargain IMO. Check them out at TRHolsters

Here are some of my pics.

Glock 34 OWB

Ruger SR 1911 Commander

Glock 43 IWB *I ordered this as the appendix setup with 0 degree cant but I noticed that there is an additional hole where I can change this later at my discretion

Last edited by Father of 3; 09-09-2016 at 09:46 PM.

These look nice, but I notice these don't have a retention adjustment screw. Do you see this as a negative? Do kydex holsters typically keep the retention that they are built with, or does this tend to lessen over time? I've been looking at either a Ozarks Holster model, or a Blackpoint Tactical; both are very nice, and have retention adjustment, but cost $75; I'm just trying to decide which to buy.

Thanks for posting the link for TR.

FWIW retention adjustments change the way a holster bends and flexes with use, specifically OWB, and that may not be favorable long term.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Are those holsters....flat?

Name:  Blackpoint Tactical.jpg
Views: 549
Size:  15.5 KB

The Ozarks one doesn't have a retention screw. The TR is looking quite tempting!

Name:  Ozarks.jpg
Views: 592
Size:  25.7 KB
    Last edited by Sauer Koch; 10-03-2016 at 04:05 PM. Reason: moere info

I'm trying to decide if it's worth the extra $15 to buy the adjustable Blackpoint, or get the TR for $60.

I went with the Blackpoint Tactical. It's a very nice holster. Very sturdy, and you can see the attention to detail, and that all the parts used are very high quality. Once my 226 snaps into place, it's very snug. I'm extremely happy with it, and wouldn't hesitate to buy another, or to recommend one. I have some close up pics of mine (same color as the one above; grey front/black backing) if interested.

User Tag List