Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: +1 for Sig Sauer's customer service

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar

+1 for Sig Sauer's customer service

The decocker broke on my P226 today when I was running Bill Drills at the range. The gun is creeping up on the 40k rounds fired mark and has who knows how many hours of dry firing. I try to get in 10 minutes a day, so...a lot. I decock out of habit every time I begin to holster the gun, regardless of if the hammer is up or down. In short, the lever has seen significant use and I'm not in the least upset it decided to take a retirement.

I got home, took the grips off, and verified it was the decocker itself that had broken. It had snapped off where the wire spring goes in.

I called Sig's customer service line, a fellow answered on the second ring, and in less than a minute he was shipping me a replacement part gratis. The only questions were to get my serial number and make sure they still had the correct address and email for me (I had this gun worked over by the Sig Custom Shop, so it's already in their system by S/N).

I'll be carrying my P229 on duty for a bit. I think I'll get a 9mm conversion barrel and make this gun a dedicated training gun when we transition to 9mm next year.

Glad to hear they took care of you. I've had mixed results with SIG CS, but once you get the right person, they are awesome. Is the 226 in question a .40?

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jck397 View Post
    Glad to hear they took care of you. I've had mixed results with SIG CS, but once you get the right person, they are awesome. Is the 226 in question a .40?
    Yes.

Site Supporter
    This is also another data point on the ledger for "have a spare for your primary sidearm."

I've never had to call Sig but it's good to hear of this kind of service.

Colt provided similarly excellent service to me a couple years ago when my 6920 had an issue.

Had a good Sig CS recently as well. Bought a SC conversion kit for my P320 and it had a dead front lamp. One call and had a shipping label for replacement. Easy with no hassle.

Always good to hear stories like this.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    I've called twice on a single issue. First person I spoke with was worse than useless. Second person knew the product, answered my questions definitively and in detail, and helped me out big time.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    I've called twice on a single issue. First person I spoke with was worse than useless. Second person knew the product, answered my questions definitively and in detail, and helped me out big time.
    I've had a similar experience. SIG CS is all about "If at first you don't succeed, call back the very next day and talk to somebody better."

On a side note, I am pretty impressed at a .40 chugging along so well, as well as a gun with such a heavy dry-fire routine on top of a heavy live-fire schedule. Any other issues? Pre-Cohen or newer?

Even though after two trips back to the factory they didn't fix, or even knowledge my problem, I will say that the packing label was in my inbox by the time I got off the phone with them, and their turnaround time was less than a week.
    "Customer is very particular" -- SIG Sauer

User Tag List