Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Are you an HK nut? We could be teammates!

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I nominate YVK and Nyeti.
    I am in. Think they could cover my GGI/Lazy Wolf bills?

Otherwise, all I need is a heat-resistant HK logo sticker that I can stick on my Tanfo.
    Last edited by YVK; 09-08-2016 at 07:42 PM.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

What all does being a sponsored shooter even entail?

Maybe I could give being one of the very few carry optics folks with an H&K...

Don't let him kid you, he has been posting in competition threads on HK Pro, name dropping GM shooter first names from his squad this past weekend.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by Default.mp3 View Post
    What all does being a sponsored shooter even entail?
    That would be somewhat dependent on you and what you bring to the table. There are different levels of sponsorship available involving things like swag, discounts of various levels, match fees, free gear, etc.
    TY83544

Quote Originally Posted by Talionis View Post
    That would be somewhat dependent on you and what you bring to the table. There are different levels of sponsorship available involving things like swag, discounts of various levels, match fees, free gear, etc.
    Let's say I'm probably a B-class-ish shooter (judging by my score in informal Steel Challenge matches against ranked USPSA guys), who can commit to at least one or two matches consistently each month, but currently have no formal memberships with any of the major shooting leagues. I also currently have zero social media, not even Facebook. Realistically, should I even try?
    Last edited by Default.mp3; 09-08-2016 at 08:50 PM.

Let's say I'm probably a B-class-ish shooter (judging by my score in informal Steel Challenge matches against ranked USPSA guys), who can commit to at least one or two matches consistently each month, but currently have no formal memberships with any of the major shooting leagues. I also currently have zero social media, not even Facebook. Realistically, should I even try?
    If you would be willing to pay for a jersey, and commit to buying an HK a month, bet they have a spot for you.

Skill wise, I'm sure you qualify for sponsorship at some level. I would say you are better than at least half of the sponsored shooters if you are at an approximately B class level. I don't think the fact that you are not currently a competitor would hurt you much, if at all, if you can demonstrate that you would be willing to commit to doing so going forward. I've seen your screen name on quite a few different forums posting useful info, so I would say that would be a strong argument for sponsorship. Not having a social media presence currently is fine, but you would be expected to provide content for HK's social media (videos and photos of matches/practice/etc.), and they would prefer fairly regular social media posts. A number of sponsored shooters created social media accounts specifically for that purpose, and have no other social media presence.

If you are interested, I certainly think you should try. You have an established presence on forums as an HK fan, might as well make it official
    TY83544

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    If you would be willing to pay for a jersey, and commit to buying an HK a month, bet they have a spot for you.
    This isn't R*dy
    TY83544

Question for Darryl, if you compete with an HK is it still considered gaming?

I carry a P2000 and basically game a HK like gun. Should be GM by late next year and have world domination scheduled for 2019. Currently A class (not for long). Can I play?
    Last edited by Luke; 09-08-2016 at 10:07 PM.
    i used to wannabe

User Tag List