Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: J-frame pocket holster

Quote Originally Posted by sharps54 View Post
    By second skin do you mean it is very thin and unobtrusive? Mine is all those things and holds the revolver upright in my pocket so I can get a repeatable grip, those are all good things. My concern is that the gun slips in and out as if the holster isn’t there, it isn’t that I can hold the holster upside and the gun falls out it is that I can hold the holster at a 95 degree angle and the gun slides out.
    They say a picture is worth a thousand words...

Name:  642 aholster.jpg
Views: 430
Size:  34.6 KB

Name:  642 aholster 2.jpg
Views: 355
Size:  28.8 KB

You can see by comparing to the first image...that the 642 has begun a bit of travel but is still not falling free of the holster (yet).
    Last edited by blues; 12-02-2018 at 12:06 PM.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    They say a picture is worth a thousand words...

You can see by comparing to the first image...that the 642 has begun a bit of travel but is still not falling free of the holster (yet).
    Thanks! I’ll dig mine out this afternoon to compare but that definitely answers my question!

From the pictures, I think mine is a much loser fit on my 442 than Blues. There is little to no retention, but it is fast. I like it, but have mostly transitioned to a Kramer for pocket carry. Bulkier, but breaks up the outline and is a little more secure. Not faulting the A-Holster. It is very thin and unobtrusive as was noted. For belt carry, I agree on the DSG.
    Last edited by Willard; 12-02-2018 at 02:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Willard View Post
    From the pictures, I think mine is a much loser fit on my 442 than Blues. There is little to no retention, but it is fast. I like it, but have mostly transitioned to a Kramer for pocket carry. Bulkier, but breaks up the outline and is a little more secure. Not faulting the A-Holster. It is very thin and unobtrusive as was noted. For belt carry, I agree on the DSG.
    I carry it on sweats and sweat shorts and the like without issue. No belt needed as long as the waistband is reasonably taut. (Of course this is only around home and environs.)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I carry it on sweats and sweat shorts and the like without issue. No belt needed as long as the waistband is reasonably taut. (Of course this is only around home and environs.)
    Was using belt carry loosely. You're point is better made & I've done the same. Excellent piece of kit even sans belt.

User Tag List