Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: J-frame pocket holster

Quote Originally Posted by hubcap View Post
    Jody do you have fat legs?
    Are toothpicks fat?
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Wow. It seems that people's preference in pocket holsters is about as varied as AIWB holsters.

Just went back to A Holster website. I noticed on the pocket holster it says to push to front or rear and pull straight up. I don't have to do that with my A holster. Straight up pull and its out.
    I do like that the backbone is shortened to deal with shallower pockets. it also has a three week lead time.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Quote Originally Posted by Irelander View Post
    Wow. It seems that people's preference in pocket holsters is about as varied as AIWB holsters.
    Worse.
    I can get by with one AIWB holster, I have 3 different pocket holsters depending on which pants I'm wearing.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."

Site Supporter
    I have been using a Kramer pocket holster for j frames for at least 15 years

Quote Originally Posted by Poconnor View Post
    I have been using a Kramer pocket holster for j frames for at least 15 years
    At least 25 years for me....same holster actually. And it gets used a lot.

Uncle Mike's No. 3 is what I keep coming back to.
    I have a Mika I use as a coat pocket holster.

Details :-) inquiring minds need to know. all for j frames or also for pistol?

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    Worse.
    I can get by with one AIWB holster, I have 3 different pocket holsters depending on which pants I'm wearing.
    Last edited by UNK; 09-09-2016 at 08:50 PM.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    I have several of the second one for both autos and revolvers. My favorite.
    The first indication a bad guy should have that I'm dangerous is when his
    disembodied soul is looking down at his own corpse wondering what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    Details :-) inquiring minds need to know. all for j frames or also for pistol?
    J-Frame:
    Kramer for tighter pockets with slash openings to catch the "hook" on the holster, smallest profile but gets "lost" in bigger pockets.
    RKBA for larger pockets, fast smooth draw but smooth exterior leather as well so "slick" pocket lining materials like smooth cotton don't work so well.
    El Paso Saddlery for larger pockets that have smooth pocket linings since the EPS is rough out and has double "ears" to catch on the pocket opening so it's less reliant on friction.

PM9:
    Safariland for small pockets
    El Paso Saddlery for everything else.

The little kydex BORAII Eagle snap on kydex work real well on my PPS and PM9 for a quick easy option.
    Last edited by JodyH; 09-09-2016 at 09:21 PM.

User Tag List