Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: J-frame pocket holster

I will second LSP972's recommendation of the RKBA holsters. I have two that are carried almost daily, and they still look great.

Quote Originally Posted by hubcap View Post
    @LSP972
    I have ordered several pocket holsters from Aholster with no problems whatsoever.
    He has good comms by email too.

I think you will really like his pocket holster. I know I do.

Give him another try.
    Okay, I will. But strike two kills it.

Thanks for the insight.

It went through that time, hubcap. Of course, they give you a phone number on the invoice... AFTER you have placed your order.

One wonders why you don't see the number when you need it... Oh well.

Thanks again.

I found this while perusing an older PF thread on pocket holsters.

I like it. Good price too.

Same here. What size glove do you wear?
    Quote Originally Posted by APS-PF View Post
    I could be too picky... but the problem I found with that model is that section adjacent to the trigger guard would sometimes foul my initial grip.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Site Supporter
    I apologize for bringing this thread back from the dead. While carrying a J-Frame last week, I realized how much it printed in my newest jeans using a Desantis Nemesis Holster. It’s time to find a better holster option, and I came across this from Blue Force Gear:

https://www.blueforcegear.com/gear/pocket-holster

Let me know what you all think!

Quote Originally Posted by Guinnessman View Post
    I apologize for bringing this thread back from the dead. While carrying a J-Frame last week, I realized how much it printed in my newest jeans using a Desantis Nemesis Holster. It’s time to find a better holster option, and I came across this from Blue Force Gear:

https://www.blueforcegear.com/gear/pocket-holster

Let me know what you all think!
    I think the Aholster would be much better for a thin holster.

Site Supporter
    Question for those with an Aholster, does yours have any retention? I bought one of their j frame pocket holsters and the fit is very loose. I tried three different revolvers (older prelock 38 & 649 and new no lock 442) and all are looser in it then in my Nemesis which is remaining my default for now.

Quote Originally Posted by sharps54 View Post
    Question for those with an Aholster, does yours have any retention? I bought one of their j frame pocket holsters and the fit is very loose. I tried three different revolvers (older prelock 38 & 649 and new no lock 442) and all are looser in it then in my Nemesis which is remaining my default for now.
    Mine fits the gun like a second skin, but is lightning quick to retrieve the 642 from the pocket. It will not retain the gun in a tussle and I don't think they are intended to. (A distinct drawback if one considers that they may have to travel a bumpy road up the "use of force continuum" prior to drawing a weapon.)

I've gotten away from pocket carry for that reason (for the most part) and rely instead on my tried and true DSG J frame holster carried AIWB. (That said, there are occasions when one of my pocket holsters fits the bill.)
    Last edited by blues; 12-02-2018 at 11:35 AM.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Mine fits the gun like a second skin, but is lightning quick to retrieve the 642 from the pocket. It will not retain the gun in a tussle and I don't think they are intended to. (A distinct drawback if one considers that they may have to travel a bumpy road up the "use of force continuum" prior to drawing a weapon.)

I've gotten away from pocket carry for that reason (for the most part) and rely instead on my tried and true DSG J frame holster carried AIWB. (That said, there are occasions when one of my pocket holsters fits the bill.)
    By second skin do you mean it is very thin and unobtrusive? Mine is all those things and holds the revolver upright in my pocket so I can get a repeatable grip, those are all good things. My concern is that the gun slips in and out as if the holster isn’t there, it isn’t that I can hold the holster upside and the gun falls out it is that I can hold the holster at a 95 degree angle and the gun slides out.

User Tag List