Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: J-frame pocket holster

Quote Originally Posted by SAWBONES View Post
    Yup.

Among the most comfortable and softest, plus makes less of a bulge than any of the leather examples.

I have examples for J-frames in leather and synthetics from Pocket Concealment, Alessi, Null, DeSantis and a few others, and the Mika is the one that has gotten the most use.
    They appear padded to me and look like they would make more of a bulge than say a kydex holster or the RKBA holster. But I know looks can be deceiving.

I use either an Uncle Mike's #3 or a Mika depending on my pants.

I find the Uncle Mike's makes the gun look something like a wallet or cell phone -- presents a rectangular profile when it prints. Bigger pockets get the Mika.

I have been well pleased with either the Mika or Safariland #25. Safariland #25 is probably a little faster with the plastic liner, but both are fine.

VERY happy with my Raven Concealment 642 pocket holster.

El Paso Saddlery, RKBA Holsters, or Kramer depending on the pocket.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by Kram View Post
    VERY happy with my Raven Concealment 642 pocket holster.
    Was this a custom or something they offer off the shelf?

I don't know how people use kydex pocket holsters. When I tried one it made my leg hot and sweaty and the kydex rubbed hot spots as well.
    Hated it.
    Even my ultra stiff horsehide Kramer is more comfortable.
    Of course I drive 6000 miles a month in the desert southwest so that may have something to do with it...
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    I don't know how people use kydex pocket holsters. When I tried one it made my leg hot and sweaty and the kydex rubbed hot spots as well.
    Hated it.
    Even my ultra stiff horsehide Kramer is more comfortable.
    Of course I drive 6000 miles a month in the desert southwest so that may have something to do with it...

Jody do you have fat legs? The Aholster is the best pocket holster for a J I have used.
    Thin, formed to your leg, draws fast, and stays put.

Quote Originally Posted by Irelander View Post
    They appear padded to me and look like they would make more of a bulge than say a kydex holster or the RKBA holster. But I know looks can be deceiving.
    Not padded, but made of a springy cloth-backed polymer, with a tacky band stitched to the central area of the holster to help retention in the pocket.
    Over time, the holster conforms somewhat to both the carried gun and to your underlying leg shape.
    It looks cheap (and is quite inexpensive) but works well for a 1 7/8" barrel J-frame IME.

I don't have any experience with Kydex pocket holsters, just cloth and leather types, but I would think Kydex would be among the hardest to effectively conceal due to its rigid structure. (I have lots of Kydex belt holsters.)
    "Therefore, since the world has still... Much good, but much less good than ill,
    And while the sun and moon endure, Luck's a chance, but trouble's sure,
    I'd face it as a wise man would, And train for ill and not for good." -- A.E. Housman

Quote Originally Posted by Irelander View Post
    Was this a custom or something they offer off the shelf?
    It took about a month to get once ordered off the website. I have tried and sold many of the other brands mentioned. I prefer kydex as it worked and felt the best for me.

User Tag List