Page 7 of 53 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta APX

Vending Machine Operator
    I'm a hopeless consumer slut for Beretta, I'll wait my dutiful one year of bug-working-out and the buy one. It's a fixed cost for me, like rent.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

This is not the first striker fired gun for Beretta. The first one was done like 100 years ago.

http://www.berettaweb.com/418/Beretta%20418.htm
    Last edited by LangdonTactical; 02-16-2017 at 01:54 PM.
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 98z28 View Post
    I do not, but did you catch the gadget-like device at 2:40? That's interesting. I wonder if you could use it to arrest trigger movement. Even if you could, it's in an odd spot. I still like that someone might be considering reholstering issues instead of just blindly making lighter, shorter trigger actions without active, external safeties.
    If you're refering to the post coming out of the slide, that's the standard location for Beretta to put their firing pin block on 92s, and they come out of the slide as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    Fingerbanged one in a little more depth today.

Recoil spring is a slightly peculiar double system with a smaller spring inside a larger spring.

The projection from the firing pin safety out the top of the slide doesn't serve the same purpose as a gadget. But, if you push it hard enough it does make the trigger much heavier, though am not sure the mechanics of trying to holster it while doing that. Probably more useful is that you can see and feel it lift so you would be able to use it as a warning that the trigger has been engaged.

Trigger feels good with the flat face, pull is nothing to write home about but workable based on my dry fire perceptions.

The slide serrations look odd but work fantastically, I could very easily cycle it no matter where I grasped it.

Mag floorplates have a bit of a flair and seem to function like a lower profile version of the Vickers GLOCK floorplates, not sure if they will work as well at speed or with a stuck mag obviously.

Points well for me and seems to handle well. My only concern , and appreciate that this is totally subjective and of no real value, the polymer looks and feels a little cheap.
    Thanks. I like pretty much everything I've seen about this pistol. Esp the full length of slide serrations; but I think "fish gills" work very well also.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

The firearm blog has an article. Besides the colors and the striker deactivation button I didn't see anything new.

Site Supporter
    Another "G19 slide on a G17 grip frame" gun...

I found this video review, in two parts. In the first, they seem to like the quality, the finish and the features of the gun. At the range, in part 2, they certainly do not like the trigger.
    The guy shoots from 15mt and remarks several times about the long hard take up which affects his shooting.

He hopes there will be a way to improve it like for Glocks with a new connector. They remark on the fact that the gun is designed more like a service pistol for police and military use so the trigger has been designed hard and reliable.

There is a lot of chatting, sometimes completely irrelevant as they discuss shooting in general and how the different components - sights, grip breathing have to come together to make it work, but they say that even with all those parts in the right place the hard trigger messes up the shots somewhat.

During the second attempt he remarks again how he has to fight against the trigger and how the hard trigger is penalizing his marksmanship. Even though the pistol performed well they both remark on how he seemed to struggle compared to other reviews.
    Last edited by LostDuke; 02-22-2017 at 11:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LangdonTactical View Post
    This is not the first striker fired gun for Beretta. The first one was done like 100 years ago.

http://www.berettaweb.com/418/Beretta%20418.htm
    If they hold a competition for ugliest Beretta ever that thing has my vote.

https://www.facebook.com/Alpha-22-Sh...59602/?fref=ts

If you scroll down the alpha22 fb page you will find an italian SF operatore testing the APX, muzzle rise is significant, high bore axis didn't help. I finger fumbled with one, is significantly bigger than a glock 17, it's more like a glock 21, recoil rod and spring is a ugly mess, for sure, fit and finish, is adequate, but much less than a sig 320, overal it's a sturdy gun, trigger pull is nothing to write home about but also is adequate.

If it helps I have some vids of trigger pull, pretravel and reset on the APX, how can I post it on the forum? thanks.

User Tag List