Page 53 of 53 FirstFirst ... 343515253

Thread: Beretta APX

I just joined the club with the APX A1 FS. This gun feels like a steal for $400. Definitely fills the void between the 92A1 and the S&W Shield.

This is just a test mount of the optic until I can get my hands on the torque driver. TLR-1 and PHLster Floodlight holster is on the way along with some extra magazines.

"Follow me!"

I can confirm the APX A1 fits the PHLster Floodlight.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Beretta/com...eb2x&context=3

With the TLR-1 HL and 507c ACSS installed, I went to my local pistol range. Unfortunately, the max distance on that pistol range is 17yds; not the 25yds specified as the zero distance for the ACSS chevron. Regardless, I zeroed the chevron at 17yds so I would at least be able to use the pistol. I will go to a different range to properly zero the APX A1 with my carry ammo at 25yds.

At 17 yards I zeroed the chevron with Blazer Aluminum 115gr FMJ using a rifle bag to rest the light on. My first shots were hitting about 6" low and 3"left but was easily fixed by adjusting the sight.. I then shot IMI 124gr +p HP "black tip" at the same distance and was hitting about 2" low at 17yds. I adjusted the sight again to zero to the 124gr IMI. Finally, I shot Federal 147gr JHP (my carry ammo) and I was again 1-2" low from where the 124gr HP was zeroed to at 17yds. I raised the sight again another inch to be zeroed at 17yds with the 147gr. Keep in mind, all of this is shooting off a bag with little room for shooter error.

I brought the target in to 10yds where I practiced mostly using the aluminum 115gr FMJ and a few mags of the 124gr HP. I'm still getting used to the pistol and was favoring slightly left. I was able to find a good support hand grip, using my thumb to press into the back of the TLR-1, which gave me very solid accuracy and removed the left hits. With the 115gr at 10yds I was impacting about 4" low after being zeroed to the 147gr at 17yds.

120+ rounds of 115 FMJ, 50+ rounds of 125gr HP, and 25 rounds of 147gr fired without issue. The only thing I did notice was a blister on the bottom of my trigger finger pad. I haven't gotten a blister like this from firing different pistols.
    Last edited by trajiiic; 11-07-2022 at 03:02 PM.
    "Follow me!"

Took the APX A1 FS to the range again for more practice with the red dot and grip. I was able to tighten up my groups with a better support hand grip. I fired about 250 rounds of 115gr Blazer aluminum mixed with 115gr brass. The APX did have 2x FTEs with the aluminum cased ammo this time around. I assume the temperature drop and the under powered aluminum cased ammo were to blame. The same ammo caused 2x failure to lock slide on empty magazine on a Sig P365x. Did not have any other trouble.

I again got a blister on the pad of my trigger finger from the APX. The blued barrel of the APX is beginning to show wear marks mostly at the front where it goes through the slide. The inside of the painted slide that locks up with the top of the barrel has also been worn and is showing silver. Working with STS Firearms to perhaps get the gun PVD coated.
    "Follow me!"

GallowayPrecision APX Parts

I was curious if anyone here has used the GallowayPrecision parts for the APX. I'm happy with the A1 green comp. striker spring system and the new flat spring system; enough to not change them without a good reason.

The GP striker guide and spring look to be high quality components. I like that the rod is metal, because I would normally replace polymer parts with metals parts in a Beretta 92.

Their video "testing" the "accuracy" after their + power recoil spring system left me confused.

"Follow me!"

@trjiiic

Have had different striker fired pistols irritate my trigger finger from the center swinging safety dingus. Smoothing the sides of the dingus with the 400 grit sandpaper solves the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by medmo View Post
    @trjiiic

Have had different striker fired pistols irritate my trigger finger from the center swinging safety dingus. Smoothing the sides of the dingus with the 400 grit sandpaper solves the problem.
    I believe my trigger finger is actually being pinched between the bottom of the trigger shoe and the inside of the trigger guard. I've never had this happen with my other pistols. I'm debating sanding down the frame, inside the trigger guard to get a bit more room.

I'm still waiting for my parts to return from STS Firearms. It's been about 1 month and they're waiting for a large enough batch to put my parts in the PVD machine for the 2nd color. I cannot wait to have my APX back.
    "Follow me!"

Quote Originally Posted by trajiiic View Post
    I believe my trigger finger is actually being pinched between the bottom of the trigger shoe and the inside of the trigger guard. I've never had this happen with my other pistols. I'm debating sanding down the frame, inside the trigger guard to get a bit more room.

I'm still waiting for my parts to return from STS Firearms. It's been about 1 month and they're waiting for a large enough batch to put my parts in the PVD machine for the 2nd color. I cannot wait to have my APX back.
    This is what I was having an issue with when I owned a Gen 1 APX Centurion. I think it is because the trigger would brake past 90 degrees and my finger would slip down and get pinched during trigger reset. That was really the only thing I did not like about that gun. I was very impressed with the APX design overall. I saw the preview of the APX A1 Tactical in a SHOT show video and I am very interested in the APX again. I see it is on the Beretta Website now, but not available through the LE/MIL dealer I usually use yet. Hope they get one soon.

Any idea how fast these are rolling out, @Ben_G?

Quote Originally Posted by claymore504 View Post
    This is what I was having an issue with when I owned a Gen 1 APX Centurion. I think it is because the trigger would brake past 90 degrees and my finger would slip down and get pinched during trigger reset. That was really the only thing I did not like about that gun. I was very impressed with the APX design overall. I saw the preview of the APX A1 Tactical in a SHOT show video and I am very interested in the APX again. I see it is on the Beretta Website now, but not available through the LE/MIL dealer I usually use yet. Hope they get one soon.

Any idea how fast these are rolling out, @Ben_G?

I also would like to know. The APX FS threaded barrel is now available on the Beretta USA website, but it's like 1/3 the cost of the new Tactical model.
    "Follow me!"

User Tag List