Page 51 of 53 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 LastLast

Thread: Beretta APX

All I see as for rebates on the APX was for 2019. Where are you seeing the current one?

Quote Originally Posted by homeyclaus View Post
    If you just bought it, don't forget about the $100 rebate on those from Beretta. Maybe it's just for the full size right now, but worth checking.

Glad that your APX worked for you, out of the box. Beats messing around with grip sizes and all that stuff to try to find your spot - I guess it's an embarrassment of riches that a pistol needs to have all different grip panels tried, rather than being a "fit/doesn't fit" kind of purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by claymore504 View Post
    All I see as for rebates on the APX was for 2019. Where are you seeing the current one?
    Yeah - looks like I saw that looking at some outdated vendor web pages. My bad, right now it's only on the new 92X.

Anyways, the APX series are still smoking deals without it.

Found a new full size APX 9mm for $289 shipped. Really thinking about picking it up. Why are these going so cheap right now? Anyone on here with long term expereince?

They lowered the price of the APX after that last rebate ended. So, likely no rebates.

That being said - I bought a Beretta APX Centurion in June 2019. I ALWAYS follow directions and get my rebates. I did it for the APX - I JUST got my rebate last week. I have had to fight with the rebate company, and then Beretta for months and months. The rebate company denied my serial # - saying it was ineligible. But, it was just a regular Centurion APX.

Finally, I got Beretta involved. It should not have been denied. But even then, it took many, many months and repeated contacts to get it done.

About a week ago, I got a check instead of a debit card. I much prefer the check. NOW, I can say that the gun was $267 after the $100 rebate.

For $100, I was not going to give up.

Wow, that rebate took awhile. I got mine about a month after submitting it for an APX Centurion but I got the card not a check.

Is the APX ejector a molded, integral part of the chassis like the P320?

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....(bent-ejector)

Would a broken ejector on an APX require a replacement of the entire chassis?

Quote Originally Posted by JTQ View Post
    Is the APX ejector a molded, integral part of the chassis like the P320?

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....(bent-ejector)

Would a broken ejector on an APX require a replacement of the entire chassis?
    Don't have one handy, but according to the Manual, looks like it is certainly bent sheet metal feature that is an integral part of the chassis, similar to the APX Carry/Nano and the Pico...

Steve

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by stimpee View Post
    Don't have one handy, but according to the Manual, looks like it is certainly bent sheet metal feature that is an integral part of the chassis, similar to the APX Carry/Nano and the Pico...

Steve
    Yes. This isn't the best pic I've ever snapped, but the ejector is an integral feature and not a replaceable part.

Name:  IMG_20200914_193600714.jpg
Views: 1178
Size:  25.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by pangloss View Post
    Yes. This isn't the best pic I've ever snapped, but the ejector is an integral feature and not a replaceable part.
    Is there any feature on the magazine body (i.e. not the basepad) to discourage over-insertion of larger capacity magazines?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by boing View Post
    Is there any feature on the magazine body (i.e. not the basepad) to discourage over-insertion of larger capacity magazines?
    Not that I can see. The mag release clicks into place beneath the triangular protrusion on the front of the mag, so additional pressure applied to the bottom of the mag will press it farther up into the magazine well. I inserted a 17-round mag into my APX Centurion, and the magazine contacts the ejector approximately half way from the side of the mag well to the long edge of the ejector. The ejector looks pretty robust to me, and with the mag contacting where it does (not much torque), I think you'd really have to intentionally try to bend it. Interestingly, the ejector and the slide rails are one contiguous piece of metal and consequently the same thickness.

EDIT: I just looked at the ejector position with the slide on and locked back and the mag hits a littler farther out than I realized. Basically it's just before the forward pointing part of the ejector, if that makes sense. Regardless, I still think that damage from over-insertion is unlikely.
    Last edited by pangloss; 09-16-2020 at 09:19 PM.

User Tag List