Page 40 of 53 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta APX

I picked up an APX RDO a few days ago and put 550 rounds through it yesterday. The trigger seems to be breaking in nicely and I’m really digging this gun. I ran it with an RMR, but should have an SRO in a few days to put on it.

I enjoyed shooting it enough that I started thinking about picking up a Centurion model too, but decided to wait and see if Beretta releases an RDO Centurion in the near-ish future. A quick search on the google-box brought up these:

There were a few other websites that had these as well. They all showed the same model # JAXQ92170... has anyone heard any rumors of this happening sooner than later?

Quote Originally Posted by JPC View Post
    There were a few other websites that had these as well. They all showed the same model # JAXQ92170... has anyone heard any rumors of this happening sooner than later?
    This is the model I’ve been waiting for to compliment my APX Compact. Ideally it’s available with factory-available tritium suppressor-height sights, or if they F-this up like CZ by introducing a model “awaiting” plates and suppressor-height sights.

Beretta APX

Quote Originally Posted by ADKilla View Post
    This is the model I’ve been waiting for to compliment my APX Compact. Ideally it’s available with factory-available tritium suppressor-height sights, or if they F-this up like CZ by introducing a model “awaiting” plates and suppressor-height sights.
    I’m not too worried about what sights come on the gun, as long as options are available. I actually think it makes more sense the way Glock does factory sights - use cheap plastic ones and knock $50 off the price so buyers can put whatever they want on it. We might need more sight options for this to work though.

Beretta released the full size RDO model (and Combat model) without suppressor sights available, so I figure the odds are about 50/50 whether they will be available when/if the Centurion RDO is released.

I also found some references to Centurion Combat models, so who knows what’s coming down the pipe...
    Last edited by JPC; 06-09-2019 at 12:58 AM.

I ordered this on Saturday - it arrived Wednesday... I hope to shoot it soon.

But, I like it a lot so far. I will say that it feels great in the hand with the medium backstrap that already comes on it. I have smaller hands, and I like that my hand sits closer to the trigger than it does on many other handguns.

Not bad for $289 NEW ($269 + $20 shipping after the $100 rebate I will get)

I can't recall whether this has been posted yet, but the Beretta USA site is now carrying a number of holsters, including from Safariland and RDO models.

Additionally, they have the High Viz Spartan Ameriglo night sights:

https://www.berettausa.com/en-us/apx...s-apx/eu00084/

I've been giving the thumb safety kit a run down, and it's been working well so far.

@Texaspoff and @CanineCombatives, any updates or information on the APX long term? Texaspoff, have you carried it on duty?
    Last edited by Tackleberry40sw; 07-07-2019 at 10:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tackleberry40sw View Post
    @Texaspoff and @CanineCombatives, any updates or information on the APX long term? Texaspoff, have you carried it on duty?
    I never did carry mine on duty, was very difficult getting an ALS holster for it, although they do make them. I really like the APX platforms, and absolutely love the Centurion version. Unfortunately Safariland ins't making an ALS for the Centurion at all at this point. I have considered carrying it, but my G45 has been taking on all comers and winning out.

The APX ergos are bar none some of it not the best out there. When running my pistol at speed and hard during drills, I find there isn't much of a difference between how the APX handles and how my G45 handles though. I score equally well with both. Sitting around fondling it is another matter all together.

At this point my APX has close to 8K rounds through it. I don't shoot it too often anymore since it isn't in my rotation. I have had zero parts issues, or anything else to speak of with it.

As others have said, the APX entered a very competitive arena. Lots of good options out there, and Beretta doesn't push their products, so it hasn't gained much traction, especially in LE around here. I haven't seen a single officer in my area carrying one. I don't think it offers anything, real world, that Glock, Sig, S&W or a myriad of other poly guns don't offer. The APX aftermarket is very sparse compared to most, and that don't help either.

The APX is a great pistol, and when you can find one at a deal it's worth picking up. IMO it isn't a strong enough contender to get to the top of my list though.

TXPO
    ColdBoreCustom.com
    Certified Glock Armorer
    Certified P320 Armorer
    Certified M&P LE Armorer

I dont have much to add except that I abandoned the platform, no response from the homeland (italia) to the key areas that are handicapping the pistol, no interest from the aftermarket and even less from LE as a whole, there are 2 combatants left in the arena now and they are glock and P320, the rest never made it out of the first round.
    Shame too, because the pistol is an ergonomic dream, that grip is a masterpiece, in fact I believe that is the single most defining element of any pistol, but it's not the only control interface and the others are pretty damn important as well, give me a slimmed down slide with full length checkering instead of bars, a factory extended slide release that looks and works as close to identical as glocks (320 doesnt need one) and a factory flared magwell and I'll jump right back in and be it's biggest advocate.
    But I'm not holding my breath.

Vending Machine Operator
    I really wanted the APX, and with Bud's Qualified Purchaser I can get the LE package full size one for $440 or so, but when my M2.0s have so much better aftermarket support, near Glock-level, I can't convince myself to spend $440 on a lark. Even as a pretty hardcore Beretta guy.
    Last edited by LockedBreech; 07-08-2019 at 08:31 PM.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Quote Originally Posted by CanineCombatives View Post
    I dont have much to add except that I abandoned the platform, no response from the homeland (italia) to the key areas that are handicapping the pistol, no interest from the aftermarket and even less from LE as a whole, there are 2 combatants left in the arena now and they are glock and P320, the rest never made it out of the first round.
    Shame too, because the pistol is an ergonomic dream, that grip is a masterpiece, in fact I believe that is the single most defining element of any pistol, but it's not the only control interface and the others are pretty damn important as well, give me a slimmed down slide with full length checkering instead of bars, a factory extended slide release that looks and works as close to identical as glocks (320 doesnt need one) and a factory flared magwell and I'll jump right back in and be it's biggest advocate.
    But I'm not holding my breath.

I'm with you on the 320 and the Glock also. I go back and forth between my G45's and my 320 X pro series guns. The Glocks have the advantage over size, they are just a bit more svelte than the 320's.

All and all I run them both just abut as well, and I am not any faster nor accurate with either one on any given day. Aside form the initial issues with the 365, I much prefer it to the 43X or 48. It is just a much more efficient package, and it performs like a full sized pistol.

I'm at a standstill right now as I can't decide on which platform to fully commit to. I don't mind running both, but it is always easier to become more proficient when you are dedicated to a particular system.

TXPO
    Last edited by Texaspoff; 07-09-2019 at 10:51 AM.
    ColdBoreCustom.com
    Certified Glock Armorer
    Certified P320 Armorer
    Certified M&P LE Armorer

User Tag List