Page 2 of 53 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta APX

Delta Busta Kappa fratboy Hot Sauce's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post
    I'm a little worried, as a big Beretta fan who plans to buy one, that they're too late to the game with the APX. They're going head to head against top-flight options like the VP9, G17G4, PPQ, and P320. That's a stiff field of competition. Similar to Glock coming in with the 43 when the Shield, PPS, PM9, and LC9 were already out and proven.
    Not similar, I would argue. Glock has a legion of people who are willing to buy almost anything they put out, and people were begging them to make a single stack Glock for years. Beretta as a whole doesn't have that same rep, arguably only the 92/M9 have a similarly committed--albeit much smaller--following.

So this is their duty sized gun to try to get LE contracts with, however successful that endeavor may go. Got it, cool. Now where's the mid-sized gun for the concealed carry crowd?
    Gaming will get you killed in the streets. Dueling will get you killed in the fields.
    -Alexander Hamilton

I'm a little worried, as a big Beretta fan who plans to buy one, that they're too late to the game with the APX. They're going head to head against top-flight options like the VP9, G17G4, PPQ, and P320. That's a stiff field of competition. Similar to Glock coming in with the 43 when the Shield, PPS, PM9, and LC9 were already out and proven.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I don't know.. the Glocks still have ejection issues, as much as Glock denies it. The PPQ, (I had one) was IMO flippy during recoil, and when Walther decided to drop the M1 version (release levers) and go with a button, (and on top of that the mags don't interchange between the two), that's when I scratched them off the short list. I've only handled a Sig 320, and frankly, I was'nt impressed. I own a VP9 and it's a fine pistol, I found it a little big for carry, however, I've been on a diet since mid July and have lost 16 lbs so far, so maybe I'll try it again.. If Beretta can price these at the same price or less than a Glock I think they'll sell well... As I said, I'd really like to know how they compare size wise against a g19, g17..That will tell a lot..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Actually, it's a good idea for them to do this.

Reason one- the established players(Glock, M&P9,PPQ) have established flaws
    Reason two-the default handgun type in the mind of modern consumers is something black, square, and striker fired. The DA/SA gun is like the automatic watch of the gun world- mechanically interesting, but superseded in the role of "standardized appliance".
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

I'm definitely interested in handling one, even if to only get out of my head that the APX will be more like a Ruger SR9 than a Glock 17.

Quote Originally Posted by ralph View Post
    I don't know.. the Glocks still have ejection issues, as much as Glock denies it. The PPQ, (I had one) was IMO flippy during recoil, and when Walther decided to drop the M1 version (release levers) and go with a button, (and on top of that the mags don't interchange between the two), that's when I scratched them off the short list.
    Walther still makes the PPQ M1 (called the "PPQ Classic"), and the P99, so magazine availability is hardly an issue.
    "Customer is very particular" -- SIG Sauer

Quote Originally Posted by ReverendMeat View Post
    Walther still makes the PPQ M1 (called the "PPQ Classic"), and the P99, so magazine availability is hardly an issue.
    True, but for how long? The ppq was out for about a year when Walther decided that the button release was was going to be it for the U.S. market. If you remember, Walther announced the button release ppq and orginially told everybody that was going to be it, 3 weeks later, due to alot of backlash they changed their mind, but the idea here was always the same.. can the lever release, and change to a button. I lost a lot of faith in Walther after that....
    Last edited by ralph; 09-08-2016 at 09:12 PM.

Site Supporter
    It looks like there is a striker indicator similar to the Walther PPS. I wonder if it can be used like a gadget? That's the first thought I had. That and I wish I could visit Argentina.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    It looks like there is a striker indicator similar to the Walther PPS. I wonder if it can be used like a gadget? That's the first thought I had. That and I wish I could visit Argentina.
    I mean, you CAN... it's not North Korea or anything.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    I've never been able to use an externally visible striker in that fashion on any pistol I've tried.
    3/15/2016

That is one of the main reasons I chose the PPS as a carry gun. I think the striker indicator works well for Gadget-type use. I love my PPS.

User Tag List