Page 12 of 53 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta APX

I may have an APX inbound to defile in a bit if things work out...

No mercy.

Anyone by chance have a link to a photo of an APX and an APX compact in the same shot? Come to think of it, anyone have a photo of an APX compact, at all?

Quote Originally Posted by fly out View Post
    Anyone by chance have a link to a photo of an APX and an APX compact in the same shot? Come to think of it, anyone have a photo of an APX compact, at all?
    No because it hasn't been announced. So far it's just this service sized pistol. But because the platform is modular like the P320, I would expect to see more coming eventually when Beretta releases the Pico conversion kits and the ARX .300 blackout kit.

I know it hasn't officially been announced, but they are out in the wild*, as there are mentions of them being seen, held, even shot, in this thread, and elsewhere on the interwebz.

Hope I won't be waiting as long as I've been waiting for the .32 Pico barrel.

eta: * I understand that "out in the wild" probably still means largely covered by nondisclosure agreements.
    Last edited by fly out; 03-07-2017 at 05:57 PM.

So did I see a built in gadget in Mac's video? That plunger looks like part of the striker block. Would have to be disengaged and sticking out before the striker is released...

Quote Originally Posted by TAZ View Post
    So did I see a built in gadget in Mac's video? That plunger looks like part of the striker block. Would have to be disengaged and sticking out before the striker is released...
    Are you talking about the one on top of the slide in front of the rear sight? If so, that's the firing pin block, 92s and PX4s are set up similarly. I've never thought about using it like a gadget (but then again those have hammers to ride), I'd try it out but I won't have access to my guns for awhile.
    "Customer is very particular" -- SIG Sauer

Quote Originally Posted by ReverendMeat View Post
    Are you talking about the one on top of the slide in front of the rear sight? If so, that's the firing pin block, 92s and PX4s are set up similarly. I've never thought about using it like a gadget (but then again those have hammers to ride), I'd try it out but I won't have access to my guns for awhile.
    Thats the one. Do the 92's have the same "feature"? Dont remember that, but its been over 20 yrs since Ive even looked at a 92.

Yep, it's the piece marked "C" here:

Attached Images Attached Images  

On the 92FS I'm holding in my hand right now, it is about a half inch long, so it appears to have much greater surface area than the APX. With reasonable downward pressure from the weak-hand thumb, and reasonable pressure on the trigger, the fpb stops the trigger from sending the hammer home.

But...the range of travel is minuscule compared to the hammer, so you'd always use the hammer (if available), and during reholstering, the angles involved would make it "difficult" to keep consistent downward pressure on the fpb.

Someone will be along to say, "that's how I've used them for years" but I'd say, "functionally, not a gadget."

double tap
    Last edited by ReverendMeat; 03-07-2017 at 06:55 PM. Reason: oops

User Tag List