Page 39 of 53 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta APX

Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFries View Post
    If Beretta USA lists it on their site, that's reassuring. The MGW Sight Pro universal tool seems to be useful for other pistols too, so it would be a nice alternative to getting a $500+ tool that only fits the APX series. I have had trouble with adjusting sights on my 92 series pistols using my current sight pusher (Sight-Tool.com from Amazon), because the open slide design with scalloped front just doesn't clamp securely for adjusting either the front or rear sight. Maybe get the MGW and solve both problems.
    I am thinking of buying it now also

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Man, looking at a full FDE 9mm Full Size for $340 after rebate is tmouthwateringly irresistible... thankfully I hav Eno means right now.
    Last edited by Thy.Will.Be.Done; 04-16-2019 at 05:00 PM.

Anyone have the full size and centurion and if so, give me a comparison of how they carry compared to eachother?

Also does anyone know of a source for the trijicon HD equipped models (JAXF927 & JAXQ927) that isnt for "qualified professionals only"?

Can i have my LGS order these for me?

Quote Originally Posted by MrInox View Post
    Anyone have the full size and centurion and if so, give me a comparison of how they carry compared to eachother?

Also does anyone know of a source for the trijicon HD equipped models (JAXF927 & JAXQ927) that isnt for "qualified professionals only"?

I have all of the models. The centurion is by far the best.

Quote Originally Posted by TacticalFun View Post
    I have all of the models. The centurion is by far the best.

Can you qualify what makes it the best please? I have been pondering what something of these (subcompact slide/compact grip) types of pistol really bring to the table other than something measurable on paper.

Quote Originally Posted by White Crane View Post
    Can you qualify what makes it the best please? I have been pondering what something of these (subcompact slide/compact grip) types of pistol really bring to the table other than something measurable on paper.
    Grip texture is a little bit more abrasive, grip angle, almost no muzzle flip, can fit all fingers on grip, very accuarate.

Quote Originally Posted by MrInox View Post

The APX RDO is probably the "best" overall model, since its footprint isn't much larger than a Glock 19 and the optic mounting system on it is almost bomb-proof. I do agree that the texturing needs improvement, which is why my personal gun went for a trip to Boresight solutions to get his Competition package.

Not sure if this has come up, but that slide serration design looks like it would eat the inside of a leather holster for lunch. Can anyone weigh in on how it plays with leather?

Quote Originally Posted by Thy.Will.Be.Done View Post
    Not sure if this has come up, but that slide serration design looks like it would eat the inside of a leather holster for lunch. Can anyone weigh in on how it plays with leather?
    I use a leather holster all the time with my APX. The initial break-in period causes some abrasion of the inside of the leather, but it "settles" for lack of a better term and the holster does not continue to degrade over time. Overall, there's only a tiny strip of the inside of the leather that shows where the slide rubs on the inside of the leather, but it hasn't worn through or even done much at all.

In short, I wouldn't be worried about the slides in a leather holster. I haven't had issues with mine.

For reference these are Mod. 1 (IWB) and Mod. 2 (Belt Slide) APX leather holsters from Beretta.

The APX Centurion was my first pistol and I’ve been very happy with it. I like how it fits my hand and how soft it shoots. I just bought a Glock 17 Gen5 MOS with AmeriGlo sights, so we will see if the APX remains my favorite. Something tells me that I’ll be buying another set of AmeriGlo’s.

User Tag List