Page 45 of 53 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta APX

Quote Originally Posted by claymore504 View Post
    Anyone have any experience with the APX manual safety?

https://www.berettausa.com/en-us/apx...safety/e02588/
    Huh, now I kinda want an APX. Luckily I have cameras to get serviced and ski season to distract me from spacegun impulse buys.

Quote Originally Posted by claymore504 View Post
    Anyone have any experience with the APX manual safety?

https://www.berettausa.com/en-us/apx...safety/e02588/
    No, but I would really like to have some. Patiently waiting on the release for the Centurion frame. Hope someone relies with some info and evaluation.

Quote Originally Posted by JTQ View Post
    The reduced price and the production date of your gun seems like they are clearing out old inventory - I don't say this to mean they plan to replace them with something else, just that is seems like they need to move a backlog of product.

On the other hand, I saw an APX in one of the several gun shops I frequently locally, about a year ago and haven't seen one since, even at the handful of gun shows I attended over the past year. Due to that, I got the impression they weren't keeping up with demand and were tough to come by.

It now seems like perhaps they had built a whole bunch of them and then they got put in a big box in a corner of some warehouse and were forgotten about until somebody happened to find them. Now they're hustling to sell them.
    From talking to my local guys availability was never the problem. They weren't selling, so stores stopped stocking them. You likely weren't seeing them on shelves because the shops didn't want to devote inventory money to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    From talking to my local guys availability was never the problem. They weren't selling, so stores stopped stocking them. You likely weren't seeing them on shelves because the shops didn't want to devote inventory money to it.
    Subsequent to my previous post I saw a couple at a gun show a couple of weeks ago at a booth of one of the larger local gun stores. As I was checking them out, one of the sales guys - a guy I've seen regularly at this booth over the years - commented he recently heard from Beretta that they were sending the dealers $100 rebates for the APX guns they've had in inventory prior to the price roll backs to make it easier for them to reduce the price of their stocked pistols.

>>he recently heard from Beretta that they were sending the dealers $100 rebates for the APX guns they've had in inventory prior to the price roll backs to make it easier for them to reduce the price of their stocked pistols<<

Hmmm, I wonder if they know something we don't?

Quote Originally Posted by RUT View Post
    >>he recently heard from Beretta that they were sending the dealers $100 rebates for the APX guns they've had in inventory prior to the price roll backs to make it easier for them to reduce the price of their stocked pistols<<

Hmmm, I wonder if they know something we don't?
    Those that were stocking the APX probably paid whatever their cost is based on an MSRP of $500ish. Since Beretta dropped the price below $400, most folks aren't going to buy a $500 APX when they can order one for less. This gives the stores the opportunity to reduce the price of the guns they already had in inventory to avoid losing money on Beretta's choice to reduce prices.

anyone have any experience with the red dot optic model? There’s a promo on sportsman outdoor store where you get a free vortex venom (not the greatest red dot obviously) when you order the apx rdo. I find the apx intriguing and would like to try one out.
    Instagram: sometimesishootCs

Quote Originally Posted by Grouse870 View Post
    anyone have any experience with the red dot optic model? There’s a promo on sportsman outdoor store where you get a free vortex venom (not the greatest red dot obviously) when you order the apx rdo. I find the apx intriguing and would like to try one out.
    The 9mm RDO does not have the lightening groove in the slide the other 9mm's do so it is a bit heavier as you can see by looking at the specs. The 40's don't have that groove. I have heard a few people say they think the RDO slides are wider than the regular slides. I have not seen any information to substantiate those claims. I can see how it may appear wider where the milling is since it is flat and the top of regular (and RDO's away from milling) slides are slightly rounded. I'd really like an RDO in 9mm and 40 and plan on getting full size RDO's in both.

I agree with those that think the APX is a quality, solid, reliable pistol. I really like my Centurion 40.

Has anyone used the APX with Trijicon HD / HD XR sights? Is POA/POI the same and stock OEM sights or does it change? Can you still drive the dot with both?

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Cereal View Post
    Has anyone used the APX with Trijicon HD / HD XR sights? Is POA/POI the same and stock OEM sights or does it change? Can you still drive the dot with both?
    despite my MGW sight pusher, i was unable to drift the sights on my APX. had to send the slide to beretta to have them drifted. would make sure you can move your factory sights before purchasing replacements.

User Tag List