Page 10 of 53 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta APX

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    Finally someone selling a gun with benefits that I need - operator benefits. I need them because I am an operator.
    You said it brother! A company that understands what operators, operating operationally need.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Look! Just because we're bereaved, that doesn't make us saps!

Does this mean that my old 92F doesn't have any benefits?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by DAB View Post
    Does this mean that my old 92F doesn't have any benefits?
    Not unless it says Elite on the slide.

drat. it's just a plain jane 92F, 29 years old, not even the cool 92FS version, much less a 92G, or....92G-SD.....i'll never be cool.....sigh....

Quote Originally Posted by JTQ View Post
    Thanks. I probably have similar hands and grip is a big size/trigger reach an issue for me.

Could you wrap a tape measure around the grips and trigger (start measure on one panel, run tape measure across the face of the trigger, back across the other panel, and then backstrap to start point - hopefully I explained that well enough ) for a total circumference of the grip/trigger.

If possible, I'd also love to see numbers for a 92FS, Vertec, and PX4 full size (with medium or small backstrap).
    OK, so I didn't get the standard 92FS yet, since I don't have one laying around my office, and I have other work to do!

But here is info. This should be considered "rough" - just some guy with a piece of string, a ruler, and a set of calipers (for the single sided dimensions) sitting at his desk. Realize there is natural variability in these numbers since the specific location you choose on the "curve" of the trigger, particularly for the DA/SA guns, can have a large effect.

Also, the backstrap really has no impact on these dimensions. The wraparound and side dimensions go into the "cusp" of the back of the grip - the shortest point, which is above the backstrap. And the path from there to roughly the midline of the trigger does not cross the backstrap or grip insert.

This shows clearly why the M9A3 is a good fit for me with my hobbit hands, although the initial reach to the DA trigger is on the longer side. The M9A3 is measured with a standard trigger - off the shelf gun.
    Name:  Trigger Reaches R2.png
Views: 1331
Size:  10.0 KB
    Last edited by stimpee; 03-01-2017 at 12:09 PM. Reason: Updated picture - had a typo on APX measurement with string

Thank you.

Quantico Tactical has them on pre-order for Mil/LE for $525 shipping on Mar 15.

http://www.quanticotactical.com/asp/...=1312&CMSN=APX

Quote Originally Posted by LangdonTactical View Post
    This is not the first striker fired gun for Beretta. The first one was done like 100 years ago.

http://www.berettaweb.com/418/Beretta%20418.htm

Looks like they are available here, shipping by 3/10 (although it's botach so you probably won't get it until next year...) $525 and comes with 4 mags.

https://www.botach.com/beretta-apx-9...w-4-magazines/

They also have a link for colored frames, which I thought was pretty cool.

https://www.botach.com/beretta-apx-colored-frames/

Quote Originally Posted by VT1032 View Post
    Looks like they are available here, shipping by 3/10 (although it's botach so you probably won't get it until next year...and it will be wrong. ) $525 and comes with 4 mags.

FIFY

User Tag List