Page 25 of 53 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta APX

Hoping Dawson makes sights soon for the APX.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Are the APX dovetails unique to it, or common to other Beretta or other manufacturer dovetails?

I'm pretty sure they are exclusive to the APX

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Are the APX dovetails unique to it, or common to other Beretta or other manufacturer dovetails?
    Quote Originally Posted by CanineCombatives View Post
    I'm pretty sure they are exclusive to the APX
    Yeah, typical Beretta seems every new model has to have it's own unique sight cut, especially for the front sight.

I'm not sure if this was posted in this thread and I missed it or not but Trijicon now has HD sights for the APX.

https://www.trijicon.com/na_en/produ...BE115-C-600978

I shot the APX some more in my last 2 range sessions with good results. I shoot the FAST drill to compare it to other guys and I had pretty consistent results. I had a couple sub 7 clean runs and most runs just over 7 seconds. I have had some problems with good hits for the head shots but always approx 1" low below the card. They are close to each other and would be good hits if they were 1" higher. I adjusted but the sights are an adjustment for me when changing between the P10C stock sights, G23 9mm with HDs and old 3 dot trijicon night sights. I would like a narrower front sight, plain black rear sight and about the same amount of light between the front sight and rear sight notch. Also the height is about how I like it.

I am closing in on completing the 2000 round challenge (1655 rounds so far) but I am close to running out of ammo so I need to restock. The gun is running great and the nicest shooting gun I own. I have a holster coming for it so I can see how it carries and conceals. Zero issues and the fit and feel are just so impressive I can't help but like it. I will order another case of ammo and run some defensive loads through it soon.

Next time out I'll see how it runs with my omega 9k on it.

CWM11B
    What is everyone using for holsters?

Beretta APX trigger

Overall, I like the APX; good ergos, accurate. I have the Beretta adjustable rear, F/O front on mine, and the front sight is too wide; hoping Dawson comes up with a set soon. I'm using the $49 Beretta OWB holder; fine for range work:

http://www.berettausa.com/en-us/apx-...ck-abs/e01205/

The trigger on mine weighed 6 lbs, 2 oz, and felt a little crunchy in takeup. GJM says it's an easy trigger to shoot hard, but a hard trigger to shoot easy. This has been my experience; it mows down plates, but hard to shoot good groups. So I got the Beretta competition striker spring:

http://www.berettausa.com/en-us//red...otifyId=290632

Installation is not exactly intuitive, so I went to YouTube. Apparently, any dipshit can put a video on YT; there are some really lousy APX disassembly videos. The only video detail stripping the slide had Italian subtitles; this was especially helpful when the guy covered up a vital maneuver with his hand, but you got a paragraph in Italian telling you what he was doing:

Anyway, got it done; black spring is original, green is the comp spring. Pull weight is now just over 5 lbs with a smoother feel.

Name:  springz - 1 (1).jpg
Views: 2082
Size:  91.1 KB
    Last edited by SteveB; 09-01-2017 at 01:20 PM.

Steve, you should ask the mods to add this to the main APX thread, as this is good info and it may get overlooked here.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Steve, you should ask the mods to add this to the main APX thread, as this is good info and it may get overlooked here.
    Mods, please add this to main APX thread?

User Tag List