Page 43 of 53 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta APX

Vending Machine Operator
    I think I'm gonna have to grab one. With price-match it's $324. That's Springfield XD prices.

Edit: Done. No regrets. Even if it ends up being the worst thing I could still probably recoup the cost pretty easily.

I just did the standard full-size 9mm variant as I don't intend to go away from the M&P 2.0 home/carry/subcompact carry system which is working very well for me right now. Will just be a one-off for fun. Plus it helps me keep street credit for what's claimed in the sig line.

I'm having stupid thoughts of getting the Centurion as well because that's two guns for south of 700, but idk how much I want to invest in this whim.
    Last edited by LockedBreech; 11-01-2019 at 09:50 PM.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

my APX centurion has run great. at these prices i would not hesitate to purchase an APX. unfortunatley mine needed a little windage adjustment but rear sight was undrift-able and required a trip back to Beretta. I would love to swap in a stronger trigger return spring if such existed. the thick slide is slightly annoying but the heavy slide mass makes for an incredibly soft shooting experience. I do believe the felt recoil on the APX might be the least of any striker pistol. it’s up there with a Steyr M9.

Quote Originally Posted by JTQ View Post
    I don't think I've seen the APX Target on the Beretta website before.

http://www.beretta.com/en-us/apx-target/
    Damn good find! That looks great. I really need to win the lottery.

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    Damn good find! That looks great. I really need to win the lottery.
    Got to handle and dry fire one today. Initial impressions are quite good.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CWM11B
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Reese View Post
    Got to handle and dry fire one today. Initial impressions are quite good.

Better than the standard? I'm thinking of adding either an RDO or Combat to my battery with this deal, but would consider this if significantly better
    Last edited by CWM11B; 11-02-2019 at 06:18 PM.

Beretta APX

Quote Originally Posted by CWM11B View Post
    Better than the standard? I'm thinking of adding either an RDO or Combat to my battery with this deal, but would consider this if significantly better
    Guns Midwest currently has the standard full size or Centurion 9mm for $305.61, so I’m going with one from there. The Target has the green competition spring in it, and I find the standard trigger pull weight on the APX perfectly serviceable. YMMV.

The RDO is currently $439.50 at the same vendor.

Last edited by Kyle Reese; 11-02-2019 at 06:40 PM.

Target is $500.83 on guns Midwest. Says it’s in stock.

I picked up a Centurion earlier this year after Beretta came out with the thumb safety kit for the full size frame and a rebate. I phoned Beretta USA asking about when the thumb safety kit would be available for the Centurion and the rep told me it should be a matter of weeks so I bought it. That was months ago and I’m not seeing anything about availability on the safety for the Centurion yet. It’s a sweet pistol. Accurate, reliable and soft shooting. I’m super disappointed with the no safety thing though. It’s a range pistol and I won’t invest time and money into it for it to be a carry gun minus that thumb safety. I’ve enjoyed shooting it and learning it but eventually it will go down the road if the thumb safety kit doesn’t materialize. I know almost all folks are good with SFAs with no manual safety and I’m glad for them. In my world I need that manual safety on any SFA that I carry to be comfy.

https://www.berettausa.com/en-us/apx...safety/e02588/

Wonder if they are working on something new and improved or just aligning prices to the market?
    Last edited by medmo; 11-03-2019 at 09:06 AM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Texaspoff View Post
    I never did carry mine on duty, was very difficult getting an ALS holster for it, although they do make them. I really like the APX platforms, and absolutely love the Centurion version. Unfortunately Safariland ins't making an ALS for the Centurion at all at this point. I have considered carrying it, but my G45 has been taking on all comers and winning out.

The APX ergos are bar none some of it not the best out there. When running my pistol at speed and hard during drills, I find there isn't much of a difference between how the APX handles and how my G45 handles though. I score equally well with both. Sitting around fondling it is another matter all together.

At this point my APX has close to 8K rounds through it. I don't shoot it too often anymore since it isn't in my rotation. I have had zero parts issues, or anything else to speak of with it.

As others have said, the APX entered a very competitive arena. Lots of good options out there, and Beretta doesn't push their products, so it hasn't gained much traction, especially in LE around here. I haven't seen a single officer in my area carrying one. I don't think it offers anything, real world, that Glock, Sig, S&W or a myriad of other poly guns don't offer. The APX aftermarket is very sparse compared to most, and that don't help either.

The APX is a great pistol, and when you can find one at a deal it's worth picking up. IMO it isn't a strong enough contender to get to the top of my list though.

TXPO
    FYI, I carry an APX Centurion in this holster just fine:

https://www.berettausa.com/en-us/apx...ls-sls/e01203/
    Used to make pasta, now I make waffles.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by medmo View Post
    I picked up a Centurion earlier this year after Beretta came out with the thumb safety kit for the full size frame and a rebate. I phoned Beretta USA asking about when the thumb safety kit would be available for the Centurion and the rep told me it should be a matter of weeks so I bought it. That was months ago and I’m not seeing anything about availability on the safety for the Centurion yet. It’s a sweet pistol. Accurate, reliable and soft shooting. I’m super disappointed with the no safety thing though. It’s a range pistol and I won’t invest time and money into it for it to be a carry gun minus that thumb safety. I’ve enjoyed shooting it and learning it but eventually it will go down the road if the thumb safety kit doesn’t materialize. I know almost all folks are good with SFAs with no manual safety and I’m glad for them. In my world I need that manual safety on any SFA that I carry to be comfy.

https://www.berettausa.com/en-us/apx...safety/e02588/

Wonder if they are working on something new and improved or just aligning prices to the market?
    Centurion frame safety kits will be in 2020 most likely.

As for the pricing alignment, it is to be more realistic with the striker fired market. I think it's fair to say we have the best product available in the market new period at this new price point.
    Last edited by e_stern; 11-04-2019 at 09:55 AM.
    Used to make pasta, now I make waffles.

User Tag List