Page 50 of 53 FirstFirst ... 404849505152 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta APX

Quote Originally Posted by PNWTO View Post
    I’m sure it has been covered ITT but I see some other reviewers on the internet report lackluster accuracy from the APX series past 15yds, does this hold up with PF owners? I feel like I saw somewhere on this forum that the APX was at least Glock-accurate at the 25 line.
    The full sized one I had shortly after they were introduced was as accurate as any striker fired 9mm I’ve shot. I don’t remember it being spectacular, but not eyebrow raising bad either.

One thing about that gun, the sights were regulated for a very much drive the dot hold. Some folks struggle with maximum accuracy when using that sight picture. Another thing I noticed was the trigger on that gun was challenging in slow fire, but for some reason was very easy to do faster paced timed drills with. I know that doesn’t make a lot of sense, but it was much easier for me to get a good score on something like the HiTS Super Test than it was to clean Dot Torture with.

The Centurion I just got seems to have a slightly smoother trigger out of the box, so we’ll see how it does. If it ever stops raining, I’m gonna go shooting.

Tried searching through this enormous thread without any luck. What wml works well on the short Centurion rail?

Quote Originally Posted by PNWTO View Post
    I’m sure it has been covered ITT but I see some other reviewers on the internet report lackluster accuracy from the APX series past 15yds, does this hold up with PF owners? I feel like I saw somewhere on this forum that the APX was at least Glock-accurate at the 25 line.
    Not Ransom Rest results but I haven't noticed anything different with my APX Centurion compared to my other pistols versus my 4" spinner plate at 25 yards.

Quote Originally Posted by JTQ View Post
    I'd tend to follow what e_stern says rather than whoever may pick up the phone at Beretta customer service.

Admittedly, I don't own an APX Centurion, and don't carry AIWB, so it's not that important to me, but I'm a pretty patient guy, and it is only the first half of the second month of 2020. I'd try and put the whole thing out of your mind and it will seem like it arrives sooner that way. You know the old "a watched pot never boils" saying.
    Patience is a virtue. Not sure who e_stern is but maybe BUSA needs to pay attention to who is answering the phone. I'm not feeling exactly virtuous at the moment. I did send an email with my query about the frame mounted safety and the Centurion frame and will post the response once/if I get one back.

The "VP9 Updates" thread ( https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....updates/page26 ) reminded me of the mallet tests and dropped strikers with the VP and other striker fired guns.

Has anybody banged on the APX with a mallet, or had any issues with the striker releasing without the trigger being pulled?
    I took my full size to the basement after reading this last night and hammered it on a piece of wood a few times like the guy in the HK VP9 video. I also struck the butt with a heavy rubber mallet several times. It stayed cocked. Sample size of one, and perhaps I didn’t hit it hard enough, but that was my unscientific result.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by medmo View Post
    Not sure who e_stern is ...
    Here he is talking to Larry Vickers at Shot Show 2020. I'd trust him as a solid source for Beretta information.

“Here he is talking to Larry Vickers at Shot Show 2020. I'd trust him as a solid source for Beretta information.”

And now, so will I.

By the way, my savings account did not want me to see that video with the 92X Centurion.
    Last edited by medmo; 02-13-2020 at 10:26 AM.

The "VP9 Updates" thread ( https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....updates/page26 ) reminded me of the mallet tests and dropped strikers with the VP and other striker fired guns.

Has anybody banged on the APX with a mallet, or had any issues with the striker releasing without the trigger being pulled?
    I tried when I got my first APX and I was not able to get the striker to drop. I wasn't particularly scientific with it, though, so I can't say that I've done enough due diligence on that aspect to state with any surety regarding that. However, to my knowledge, I haven't heard of anyone else who has been able to mimic the VP9 results with the APX, and I'd be interested to know if someone has either been unable or able to drop the striker through strong impact.

Maiden voyage for my APX Centurion today. Put about 350 rounds through it. I am very impressed with this model. For a little over $300, I think it’s a steal. I was kinda wondering if I should have gotten another full sized model like I had before but right now I have no regrets on going the Centurion route.

Some highlights:

Cold straight out of the truck, started with a HiTS Super Test. Scored 278. No warmup, no dry fire, just load mags and shoot. Considering the amount of practice I get these days, I’ll take that.

Ran the regular test several times, scores over 95 were the norm, made two 99 point runs with loads of time to spare.

Scored a pair of 99s on the Half Test consecutively with about 1 sec to spare.

Clean Dot Torture (50/50) at about 10 feet. I thought it was 3 yards but a second measurement had me a little farther.

Other than that stuff, the gun ran very well, no issues to report function wise. I could run some SD loads through it to vet it with those and maybe another 500 rounds of ball and I’d have no qualms about carrying this gun.

Only mod was to black out the rear dots and paint the from dot a luminescent yellow.

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    Maiden voyage for my APX Centurion today. Put about 350 rounds through it. I am very impressed with this model. For a little over $300, I think it’s a steal. I was kinda wondering if I should have gotten another full sized model like I had before but right now I have no regrets on going the Centurion route.

Some highlights:

Cold straight out of the truck, started with a HiTS Super Test. Scored 278. No warmup, no dry fire, just load mags and shoot. Considering the amount of practice I get these days, I’ll take that.

Ran the regular test several times, scores over 95 were the norm, made two 99 point runs with loads of time to spare.

Scored a pair of 99s on the Half Test consecutively with about 1 sec to spare.

Clean Dot Torture (50/50) at about 10 feet. I thought it was 3 yards but a second measurement had me a little farther.

Other than that stuff, the gun ran very well, no issues to report function wise. I could run some SD loads through it to vet it with those and maybe another 500 rounds of ball and I’d have no qualms about carrying this gun.

Only mod was to black out the rear dots and paint the from dot a luminescent yellow.
    If you just bought it, don't forget about the $100 rebate on those from Beretta. Maybe it's just for the full size right now, but worth checking.

Glad that your APX worked for you, out of the box. Beats messing around with grip sizes and all that stuff to try to find your spot - I guess it's an embarrassment of riches that a pistol needs to have all different grip panels tried, rather than being a "fit/doesn't fit" kind of purchase.

User Tag List