Page 49 of 53 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta APX

Quote Originally Posted by Navin Johnson View Post
    Can anyone confirm Hot Cereal is LEO?

Or is this glorified mailman's new handle?

One would think he would be busy enough trying to sell people lower interest rate credit cards.....
    Did I do something wrong or do you have a hard time reading because you’re cross-eyed from peddling the Opti-Grab?

Quote Originally Posted by gatorboy View Post
    I have been able to keep the trigger from resetting on brand new APX's right out of the box by holding the pistol with two fingers. It's not something that concerns me but I have a pretty good idea why crud could keep the trigger from resetting on it's own. All of my guns have some Florida sugar sand on/in them because the sand is in all of our vehicles. It's unavoidable when you carry/transport them. Once you get that sand in your truck, it will never get out completely.
    Can you expand on that a little bit? How exactly were you able to prevent the trigger from resetting by holding the pistol with two fingers?

I decided to pick up a Centurion and a compact frame. I’m trying to find kydex for it. I’ve found Black Rhino and Cleveland Kydex, but not any other shops that do WML holsters for the APX. I hope the TLR7A maintains holster compatibility with TLR7 holsters. Any kydex recommendations are appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Cereal View Post
    Did I do something wrong or do you have a hard time reading because you’re cross-eyed from peddling the Opti-Grab?

Can you expand on that a little bit? How exactly were you able to prevent the trigger from resetting by holding the pistol with two fingers?

I decided to pick up a Centurion and a compact frame. I’m trying to find kydex for it. I’ve found Black Rhino and Cleveland Kydex, but not any other shops that do WML holsters for the APX. I hope the TLR7A maintains holster compatibility with TLR7 holsters. Any kydex recommendations are appreciated.
    For my compact, I use a Clinger IWB Kydex. Works great, the design covers all the things it should, and it's as comfy as an all-kydex IWB can be. OWB I tend to go with leather and broke in a couple of Versacarry holsters to fit.

I am interested in the induced trigger failure issues as well. My full-size ate a lot of Virginia red clay powder and even with a dunk in the water at a recon match it didn't seem to care all that much; only the extended 21 rd mags are sand/crud sensitive, as any 9mm mag > 20 rds is.

I might look at versa carry. Right now I’m going to file the TLR7 1913-4 rail key so it fits the APX Compact. I can’t find any information regarding which key to use so I’m guessing that’s the key with some fitting.

Just wish we could get this in California:-(

The "VP9 Updates" thread ( https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....updates/page26 ) reminded me of the mallet tests and dropped strikers with the VP and other striker fired guns.

Has anybody banged on the APX with a mallet, or had any issues with the striker releasing without the trigger being pulled?

Just got off the phone with a rep from Beretta USA. Kind of sad news for me. He told me he has not heard of any plans for making the Beretta Safety Assembly on Frame for the APX Centurion frames and doesn't know if or when it will happen. I followed up with and email to estore@berettausa.com and requested the same info. I'll see what that response Though I'm definitely in the minority, I think there is a segment of the market who is only comfortable CCW-ing striker fired pistols with a manual safety. Before I purchased by APX Centurion several months ago I phoned Beretta USA and I was told that it was "in the works.' Kind of disappointing.

From e_stern at post #435 in this thread...

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....tta-APX/page44

Centurion frame safety kits will be in 2020 most likely.

Quote Originally Posted by JTQ View Post
    From e_stern at post #435 in this thread...

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....tta-APX/page44
    Correct, e_stern was replying to me, post #433, in this thread the first week of November. I originally contacted BUSA about the safety option for the Centurion frame last year and the response was "it's in the works", "anytime now." This morning's response was "haven't heard anything about that", "don't know if or when." I sent an email also to BUSA. I'll update the thread with that response once I hear something back.

I'd tend to follow what e_stern says rather than whoever may pick up the phone at Beretta customer service.

Admittedly, I don't own an APX Centurion, and don't carry AIWB, so it's not that important to me, but I'm a pretty patient guy, and it is only the first half of the second month of 2020. I'd try and put the whole thing out of your mind and it will seem like it arrives sooner that way. You know the old "a watched pot never boils" saying.

I’m sure it has been covered ITT but I see some other reviewers on the internet report lackluster accuracy from the APX series past 15yds, does this hold up with PF owners? I feel like I saw somewhere on this forum that the APX was at least Glock-accurate at the 25 line.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

User Tag List