Page 18 of 53 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta APX

So I got the threaded barrel dropped in, havent tried it with the omega 9k because I'm waiting for the piston, got some of the 21 round mags and man they are sweet, round count up to about 800 and loving this pistol more with every round, as soon as I get a TLR1HL compatible retention holster the APX will replace the P320 as the primary pistol platform going foward.

Quote Originally Posted by CanineCombatives View Post
    So I got the threaded barrel dropped in, havent tried it with the omega 9k because I'm waiting for the piston, got some of the 21 round mags and man they are sweet, round count up to about 800 and loving this pistol more with every round, as soon as I get a TLR1HL compatible retention holster the APX will replace the P320 as the primary pistol platform going foward.
    Very interesting. I know you were pretty excited about the 320 for a while. Can you articulate what you like better about the APX, whether it's objective or subjective?

Mine is at 800 too, and I'm digging it so far also. I think, amongst other things, it looks better in person than in picture. The slide serrations aren't nearly as ugly as they look in pics for one thing, and the RSA which looked like a hot mess in the photos I saw looks less screwed up in person. If all goes well I'll burn another 500 this weekend.

One thing I haven't noted in my posts so far, but my sample has a great ejection pattern. A well placed 5 gallon bucket at 3 o'clock would probably catch 85% of the empties. I do think the RSA is tuned for duty ammo, as my reloads are making about 137 power factor out of my APX with 124 gr bullets, but the cases are only landing about 3 feet to my right. That might end up causing some problems with some of the powder puff bulk 115gr ammo that's out there, or it might not. Next session it's getting some factory ammo with a few different bullet weights to see what happens, and I'm going to try some Sellier and Bellot to see how it does with harder primers than the Winchesters I use for my loads.
    Last edited by Jared; 07-27-2017 at 06:51 PM.

Vending Machine Operator
    I agree that the APX is a much more attractive gun in person.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

I usually shoot Beretta 92's with 13# hammer springs and trigger jobs, so I'm having a little trouble getting used to the APX trigger. I haven't shot the APX very much, but I have to really focus not to pull low left. Since I'm also used to the large 92 grip, I put the large backstrap on. I am impressed with the lack of felt recoil using the APX.

@98z28, In a word, ergonomics. It hit me as soon as I picked it up the first time and started operating the controls.
    Later when I got one I found that it works as good as it feels, for me it's a pretty big step forward from the 320 so not something I had to ponder much.
    Last edited by CanineCombatives; 07-27-2017 at 09:29 PM.

In a word, ergonomics. It hit me as soon as I picked it up the first time and started operating the controls.
    Later when I got one I found that it works as good as it feels, for me it's a pretty big step forward from the 320 so not something I had to ponder much.
    Thanks!

If you talk to a lot of old school purists who have been been around pistolcraft since the stone ages, guys like Ayoob and Hackathorn and many others some who have passed most will agree the browning high power was the sweetest ergonomic feeling pistol they ever handled, I never spent enough time behind one to support that but the APX is for certain the closest any striker pistol has ever gotten to the slim svelteness of the BHP, so much so that when I picked up my P226 legion today it felt like a drain pipe, and I'm running the medium backstrap that comes installed on the APX in the box.

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    One thing I haven't noted in my posts so far, but my sample has a great ejection pattern. A well placed 5 gallon bucket at 3 o'clock would probably catch 85% of the empties. I do think the RSA is tuned for duty ammo, as my reloads are making about 137 power factor out of my APX with 124 gr bullets, but the cases are only landing about 3 feet to my right. That might end up causing some problems with some of the powder puff bulk 115gr ammo that's out there, or it might not. Next session it's getting some factory ammo with a few different bullet weights to see what happens, and I'm going to try some Sellier and Bellot to see how it does with harder primers than the Winchesters I use for my loads.
    Thanks for the feed back on this.

I never really paid much attention to this subject, but the "Glock fails the 10-8 (1911) extractor test" thread piqued my interest in the subject. I've rewatched a variety of videos of various guns being fired and noticed the randomness of some Glock's and the consistency of other guns like the Beretta 92. I've begun to think a long extractor is better than a short one such as used on Glock (and Kimber's failed 1911 external extractor attempt), and noticed the APX has a shorter extractor than the 92 Series and the PX4.

I look forward to your future findings.

User Tag List